Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know GSP is the best at take downs and i am sure everyone here expected GSP to take Hardy down. He is the champ he always fights his fight, if someone wants his belt they have to take it from him as he is not going to just give it to them. Tank and Chuck for example were best at stand up and liked to keep the fight standing. Royce always took the fight to the ground , GSP is not the first fighter to fight his fight. GSP had a plan to keep it on the ground , why because he could. I dont know what Hardy's plan was as he had no answer for the take downs and he must have known that was going to happen.. Hardy had once chance at winning that fight and one chance only he had to knock GSP out, GSP made sure that wasnt going to happen. For all you out there that find the way GSP fights is boring I dont know what to tell you?. I am pretty sure that every fight that GSP is in he will take it to the ground get used to it

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
GSP is fighting like this because of Greg Jackson. Between almost every round he told GSP to not look to pass on Hardy. Sure with GSP's talent it will win him just about every fight but I am tired of watching that.

I think GSP is the #1 P4P fighter in the world, but I dont wanna watch another fight of his till he moves up in weigh. Nobody can compete with him at WW.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just dont like watching GSP fight, and not because he wrestles cause Brock does the same thing but he finishes the fight. But GSP is great even though i hate him

·
Registered
181 Posts
i thoroughly enjoy gsp's fights.. fitch has relatively the same gameplan as gsp..however gsp is more active. Plus he is the champion.. and i always believe the challenger has to do everything in his power to beat the champion. gsp's gameplan has worked for him so far..so why fix something that isnt broken

·
Registered
45 Posts
GSP is good, but come on here people.Fighting is about beating the other person up, not just eeking out victory's.
Ever since he lost to Serra hes become gunshy, how he thinks he can goe down as the best P4P in history is beyond me.
Hardy got more fan respect in defeat than GSP did in winning, GSP needs to realise this if he truly wants to go down as a great.Bottom line is he is a big girls blouse. Being a true martial artist and not a fighter is where he goes wrong. Sometimes its better to go out swinging than getting the W.
The win loss colounm doesnt define a fighters legacy.
Look at Randy for example, being champion isnt the be all and end all?

·
Registered
329 Posts
GSP is good, but come on here people.Fighting is about beating the other person up, not just eeking out victory's.
Is that your definition of 'eeking out a victory'? The scores were 50-43, 50-44, 50-45.
Sometimes its better to go out swinging than getting the W.
Are you a fighter? Serious question.

No, unless you have to cheat to win, it ALWAYS better to get the W than to go down swinging. Because going down swinging means going down. You might have a complaint if GSP spent a like of time running away, a la Lyoto Machida. GSP engages. He was right there to be hit for at least 24 out of 25 minutes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ever since he lost to Serra hes become gunshy, how he thinks he can goe down as the best P4P in history is beyond me.
Hardy got more fan respect in defeat than GSP did in winning, GSP needs to realise this if he truly wants to go down as a great.Bottom line is he is a big girls blouse. Being a true martial artist and not a fighter is where he goes wrong. Sometimes its better to go out swinging than getting the W.

Not to be rude but are you serious? Why would he do something that could get him beat, or hurt even loss of $ and possibly tarnish his legacy especially if he doesnt have to?

This is a sport of fighters trying to beat eachother, pretty or not his style is effective.
Will it be effective forever? Doubtfull

All through the years there has been a style that has been unstoppable for a time, once fighters start to find the counter to that style then the sport evolves.

GSP and Machida come to mind in the UFC of today, both fighter have a low risk style (avoid being hit) but nobody says a thing about machida because he is striking.

People need to understand this sport is multidimentional and its not the Ultimate Striking Championship.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Actually I thought Hardy did very well. As soon as I heard about this fight I went and watched most of Hardy's other fights, and I saw the same thing GSP obviously saw, that he was much more vunerable to submissions on the ground than to being pounded out.

Hardy obviously spent a lot of time on his ground game and defense, because it was vastly improved over his other fights. I assume he worked on his take down defense a lot too, but GSP is just too good at those for it to matter.

The only way Hardy disapointed me was that he said over and over he would swing for the fences when they were on the their feet. They weren't on their feet much at all, but even when they were, I didn't actually see Hardy bombing away that much, which was his only realistic chance to win.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
come on here people.Fighting is about beating the other person up, not just eeking out victory's.
potency

But its wasted on this hurd of sheep, there is a society on this board that will not even try to have an intelluctual convo about GSP's lack of killer instinct..Every negative word is seen as a personal attack and they just spout some nonsense which is rooted from their blind bias.. Its pointless bothering with a debate

1 - 11 of 11 Posts