Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I though Id put some fights up of this guy, he is a Canadian MMA fighter and member of BTT Canada, He is 5-0 and IMO is really gonna be a force, I think he is gonna be the next great Canadian MMA export** Its hard to tell on the videos but I watched XMMA on the fight network and this guy is built like GSP**

De Lorenzi VS** Jay Jenkins

http://www**youtube**com/watch?v=IZPj3Ir681k

De Lorenzi vs** Jason Motard

http://www**dailymotion**com/video/x7comb_guillaume-de-lorenzi-vs-jason-motar

Thought I'd throw this up here since Canadian MMA doesnt get the recognition it deserves**

This Fighter is Dynamite when not watching Orange Juice
Remember a Watch tells Time

***Key Word*"The"***

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was trying to find when the next XMMA card is today and stumbled upon this article which has me even more convince this guy is a serious prospect turns out he is already a traditional jiu-jitsu black belt (not BJJ), people really need to check this guy out I have a strong feeling will see him on the card when the UFC returns to Canada.

http://www.xtremelifestylemag.com/gdelorenzi.html

If there is one word that sums up the character of Guillaume de Lorenzi, it would be determination. Today’s brand of MMA fighter has already started to learn that they need to be well rounded in order to compete at a world class level. Long gone are the days when street fighters could walk into a ring, à la Tank Abbott, and think that they can build a successful MMA career. Today’s fighter has to be versatile in his ability to fight on the ground, standing, or get/defend take downs. What's more, training has to become a full time job. As MMA continues to evolve, one asks what the future will bring to the sport of MMA. Watching Guillaume de Lorenzi, many suspect that the future may have begun now. The passion he has for the sport is what separates him from the average fighter, and was clearly evident throughout my interview with him.

At only 24 years of age, Guillaume has been training for professional mixed martial arts for two years. While that may not seem like a long time, combat sports have been a part of his life since he was little. His journey into the sport began like most young kids; his parents enrolled him into Karaté and Judo so that he could learn how to defend himself. As a teenager, he found his way into a boxing gym, but he was not allowed to compete because his parents were worried about him taking shots to the head. Fast forward to the present, and the parents of his opponents are now wishing that he would stop hitting their kids repeatedly in the head.

Guillaume became enamoured with Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and decided to join the Nordik Fight Club in Quebec City, which is led by pro fighter Dany Laflamme.

After finishing high school, Guillaume decided that he wanted to become a police officer. It was actually in the police academy that he started to learn traditional Jiu-Jitsu. He became a black belt and was offered a teacher’s position in the police academy. Always wanting to learn, Guillaume became enamoured with Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and decided to join the Nordik Fight Club in Quebec City, which is led by pro fighter Dany Laflamme. Dany has already competed in UCC, TKO and Xtreme MMA, the latter of which recently signed Guillaume to a three fight contract.

As the popularity in MMA grew in Quebec City, so did his interest in the sport. Guys like Georges St-Pierre became a role model for the young de Lorenzi, but always the student, Guillaume looked at what it took for guys like St-Pierre to become great fighters. His goal is not to duplicate the lessons learned from other fighters, but to surpass and go one step further than his predecessors. Some fighters try and talk about adding different aspects to their game, but Guillaume is not one to just talk. While some of the fighters wait to become more established before supplementing their training with extended periods away from home, Guillaume is looking to make some important moves right now early in his career. Guillaume has taken steps so that he can start working with the Canadian National Wrestling team (sound familiar?) as a start. Steve “The Snake” Claveau has already offered to help develop Guillaume by bringing him to train with the National team, and feels that he has the makings of a true star. “He’s got a great army behind him”, Steve told me in an interview about Guillaume, and also wants to go train with him.

Today, Guillaume can be found training almost 7 days a week. When he is not at the Nordik Fight Club, he can be found in either the Gamma/BTT Canada Gym or with Team Legion sparring with some of the great fighters those clubs have to offer. For Guillaume, fighting and sparring with the best of the best is something that he looks to do on a weekly basis, both at home or abroad. He is looking to spend a month in Thailand (something that has worked well for fighters like TJ Grant), and supplement his ground game with a trip to Brazil to roll with the best in the world. Still being young, having only recently celebrated his 24th birthday, Guillaume at times has to be told to go home, and practically kicked out of the gym. His goals are simple. He doesn’t just want to be a world class fighter, he expects to be one through sheer determination, perseverance and will. Fans will get to see more of Guillaume as XMMA continues to showcase their promotions at different venues across Quebec. He is also very proud to have been recently sponsored by one of the top supplement company in Canada. MVP NUTRITION and Avirex Clothing.

Joey Benoit from Fight Sports Management was excited to have recently signed de Lorenzi on as a fighter. “You’re lucky”, Joey told me, “Guillaume is going to have a great future in MMA”. Fans that have witnessed his perfect record so far have been lucky as well, as they are being treated to some fantastic fights with highlight reel finishes. Despite winning all three of his professional fights by TKO, Guillaume is still not satisfied with this striking game. He knows that this aspect of MMA is what makes for exciting fights, and more to the point, he knows that with four-ounce gloves, the ability to end a fight with one punch is essential to the sport. Of course, not wanting to leave his roots behind, Guillaume still plans to attend events of the Submission Fight League, for which he spent a lot of time developing his game through amateur fights. He also is very appreciative of his fans for the support and encouragement they bring to him as a fighter. Anyone looking to show their support of him and his career can do so on Facebook under the Fight Sports Management group to which he belongs. He loves the encouragement that MMA fans bring, and hopes that they continue to support MMA in all its aspects across Quebec. As Guillaume said to me, “you do well in everything you put effort into”. I can only wait in anticipation of the great things in store for

Guillaume de Lorenzi, a man who is redefining the word “determination”.

·
Premium Member
2,963 Posts
Good post, agreed, he looks impressive.

We'll see what happens.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to see somebody actually reads this.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well turns out De Lorenzi could be getting noticed sooner rather than later as his next fight will be the headliner of XMMA 7 against Phil Baroni, considering he is headlining a televised card that also has Chris Cybor, Id say De Lorenzi will definatly start getting noticed.

Phil Baroni to headline XMMA 7 against Guillaume De Lorenzi on Feb. 27
By: James Iannotti

Phil “New York Bad Ass” Baroni will be back in action on February 27 at the XMMA 7: “Inferno” card, set to take place at the Bell Center in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. He’ll face off against undefeated XMMA veteran Guillaume De Lorenzi in the night’s main event.

Baroni (13-10) went (3-2) in 2008 after making only one start in 2007. He started last year with back-to-back losses to Kala Hose and Joey Villasenor under the Icon Sport and Elite XC banners. Those defeats came at the end of a streak that saw him lose five of seven fights.

After dropping down in weight to compete at 170 pounds, NYBA started to turn things around near the end of the year and rebounded with three straight wins over Scott Jansen at Cage Rage 27: “Step Up”, Ron Verdadero at Icon Sport: “Hard Times”, and Olaf Alfonso at Palace Fighting Championships 10: “Explosive”.

He’ll be looking to continue his recent string of success but won’t have an easy time against the hard hitting De Lorenzi (5-0). The Brazilian Top Team (BTT) Canada product has sent his last four opponents home with first round technical knockout losses on their records.

He should make for a very exciting match up against Baroni since both guys like to throw leather.

I got De Lorenzi taking out Baroni early as Baroni has never really been a major force and has only gotten to where he is because of his huge mouth.

·
Banned
6,472 Posts
Tooo much to read, all I need to know if he is a wrestler or not because if he is, I already detest him.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JJ (not BJJ) Black belt, studies BJJ, heavy hands, solid wrestling grew up taking Karate and Judo last 4 fights first round TKO's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts