Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed that hammer punches from to guard or to a downed opponent in general are used much more in Pride than the UFC. Why is it that UFC fighters dont do this. I know they can use elbows but you'd think you'd see a little more of it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
im assuming youre talking about hammer fists?

ya i dunno why they dont seem to do it as much. but i mean, i think its best used in pretty particular situations, like if youre in side control. but otherwise, i dont think it has nearly the power of a straight punch or the elbow

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
toritedo2006 said:
im assuming youre talking about hammer fists?

ya i dunno why they dont seem to do it as much. but i mean, i think its best used in pretty particular situations, like if youre in side control. but otherwise, i dont think it has nearly the power of a straight punch or the elbow
just another great way to cause damage!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Because in the UFC the head is often put against the cage, and other strikes while less accurate do more damage. In pride, the head is always able to move, so the more accurate hammer fist is needed so you dont miss and break your hand when you miss their face.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
i noticed that too, but its used in the UFC too just with the combination of elbows, just ask matt serra about hammerfists and elbows :laugh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts