Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Should People Hate on Fighters because of thier Personality?

• Yes

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • No

Votes: 9 22.5%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it really wrong to hate a fighter because of his personality? Many on this site do not like Tito Ortiz because he acts extremely cocky sometimes! Tito made his peace with Ken Shamrock after his match with him, but not before flipping him off! Then we have Matt Hughes! I get the impression that he looks down on other fighters. Also, he just has this wave of arragance that surrounds him! I not just getting this from TUF but from the way he acted at UFC 63. I think he is a great fighter and champion but his arrogance and lack of respect makes me want to hate him and say stupid [email protected] about him! There are some on this site that thinks my additude towards Matt is wrong! You might say that he is champion and he has the right to act the way that he does. You might also say that I should respect him for his fighting skills then his personality. Maybe your right! My question: is it really okay for a fighter, especially for a champion, to act like Tito Ortiz and Matt Hughes? Also, do we even have the right to hate them for it?

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
My 2 Fav UFC Fighters... Tito Ortiz & Matt Hughes :thumbsup: :laugh:

With Tito , you either love em or hate em , but one thing is certain , ppl always pay to see him fight :thumbsup:

·
Back In Black
4,185 Posts
Punishment 101 said:
My 2 Fav UFC Fighters... Tito Ortiz & Matt Hughes :thumbsup: :laugh:

With Tito , you either love em or hate em , but one thing is certain , ppl always pay to see him fight :thumbsup:
True I do pay, but not to see him fight. I want to see him get is head knocked off.

It will be well worth the money when he fights Liddell.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I like tito but hughes i hate tito is at least funny but matt hughes is just cocky. And if you didnt hate them for their personality then everyone would just like it because they are champion(which i dont think anyone likes sylvia)

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
i think everyone is entitled to their opinion. i dont like ricardo mayorga. and i plan to call him out when i go pro, hopefully he will be cocky enough to fight me in mma, but if not ill fight him straight boxing rules. he is probably the only fighter that bothers me enough i want to fight them. i think also there is a thin line between arrogance and confidence, alot of times peoples perspectives are what defines whether a guy is cocky or confident. i think matt hughes is arrogant when it comes to other fighters, but when i met him he was cool as shit. so it's kind of a strange situation. when i met him in person i was like "wow what a nice guy"..then you see him on the show talking trash to gsp and din, and trying to stir things up between sera and laimon, and you are like "what a ****". i think he, like tito just tries to get into peoples heads. and it throws people off their game (sometimes) gsp has been burning up over that this whole time you can tell. it may have even been why he hurt himself in training. i personally dont think you can train mad, it causes bad energy.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Chrisl972 said:
True I do pay, but not to see him fight. I want to see him get is head knocked off.

It will be well worth the money when he fights Liddell.
tito knows that. he wants to be the good guy, but he knows he is the bad guy and he plays on it. its marketing. aslong as people want to see him fight. i cant get over the fact, when the poor guy comes out everyone is cheering for him. then he wins and they all boo and hiss. its the craziest thing. tito is just immature, he reminds me of a teenager, one minute he is a nice guy the next minute he is giving legends the finger. he just hasnt grown up yet.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hate away

I think that it is obvious that Tito does not want to be liked by everyone. I also think that Dana wants the guys to act like that. My favorite Matt Hueghs moment was in the TUF4 they asked Matt who should be fighting and he replied "Whatever Dana wants"

I personally have met a lot of wrestlers exactly like Matt. He is very confident but he does not talk mad sh*t. I dont really think he means anything by it. He is just a cocky jock. That has not been beat for a long time.

Tito is defanitly a shit talker, and there was a lot of bad blood between him Ken (I have been beaten by the best in MMA) Shamrock. They were pretty much both idiots I am not sure which one started it.

All in all I think that Personality is good for sports it keeps excitment in the so so world of UFC fighters. If Tito wasnt so much of an ass do you think anybody would care about the rematch with Chuck??

·
Back In Black
4,185 Posts
j.farrell said:
tito knows that. he wants to be the good guy, but he knows he is the bad guy and he plays on it. its marketing. aslong as people want to see him fight. i cant get over the fact, when the poor guy comes out everyone is cheering for him. then he wins and they all boo and hiss. its the craziest thing. tito is just immature, he reminds me of a teenager, one minute he is a nice guy the next minute he is giving legends the finger. he just hasnt grown up yet.
That is a very good way of putting it. I still want to see his head spilt open like a ripe melon, but I want to see that of smart as teenagers anyways.

:D

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Chrisl972 said:
That is a very good way of putting it. I still want to see his head spilt open like a ripe melon, but I want to see that of smart as teenagers anyways.

:D
since he is fighting chuck you are probably banking on seeing chuck demolish tito right? if the ppv was $79.95 would you pay for it?
p.s. lets for arguments sake say you wont be able to watch it on the internet ever.

·
Back In Black
4,185 Posts
j.farrell said:
since he is fighting chuck you are probably banking on seeing chuck demolish tito right? if the ppv was $79.95 would you pay for it?
p.s. lets for arguments sake say you wont be able to watch it on the internet ever.
I get every PPV that the UFC has and I have for years. I even got the PPV when I just went to Vegas and watch the Franklin/Silva fight.

So yes, I would still get it even if it was $79.95.

(I hope that Dana's not reading this!!!)

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
I think this is a sport where personality shows, you get interviewed you're talking, you're doing an all access show, whatever it is we get to see a lot more of the person than we do say a football star.

So yeah, we are going to talk a little smack about someone who is an ass.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Chrisl972 said:
I get every PPV that the UFC has and I have for years. I even got the PPV when I just went to Vegas and watch the Franklin/Silva fight.

So yes, I would still get it even if it was $79.95.

(I hope that Dana's not reading this!!!)
me too, i went to ufc 57. and ordered it right when i got home. but anyway my point is if you would pay $79.95 to see tito get beat up, you are still paying to see tito. which means he did his job. i respect him as a businessman. he is very smart when it comes to marketing himself, and it has to be tough for being famous for being hated.
p.s. i'd pay the money too..lol

·
Back In Black
4,185 Posts
j.farrell said:
me too, i went to ufc 57. and ordered it right when i got home. but anyway my point is if you would pay $79.95 to see tito get beat up, you are still paying to see tito. which means he did his job. i respect him as a businessman. he is very smart when it comes to marketing himself, and it has to be tough for being famous for being hated.
p.s. i'd pay the money too..lol
Where I do understand and somewhat agree, I' a strange case because it doesn't matter who is fighting, I love the main events, I love the undercards and I love the dark matches when I get to see them. I just love this sport.

And God bless me my wife does too. She was the one that bought us the tickets for 64!!! I love that woman *wipes a tear*

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Chrisl972 said:
Where I do understand and somewhat agree, I' a strange case because it doesn't matter who is fighting, I love the main events, I love the undercards and I love the dark matches when I get to see them. I just love this sport.

And God bless me my wife does too. She was the one that bought us the tickets for 64!!! I love that woman *wipes a tear*
thats cool, my girl is a fan too..one of these days ill stop being lazy and get all the pics up on here. we got her and barnett, rampage, nick diaz, mark coleman, herb dean, nate quarry, bruce buffer, wes sims and obviously these two guys here at the bottom

Attachments

·
Registered
891 Posts
i used to think ortiz was a prick til i watched him as a coach and he seemed like a decent enough guy. Shamrock went down in my 'coolness' ratings cuz he didnt seem to care. Tito needs to have respect for people who blazed a path for him to be a star.

I think alot of it has to do with how theyre edited..like hughes and the st. pierre thing.

youd be supprised what taking something out of context can do.

·
LethalLLama
106 Posts
Slamnbam88 said:
i used to think ortiz was a prick til i watched him as a coach and he seemed like a decent enough guy. Shamrock went down in my 'coolness' ratings cuz he didnt seem to care. Tito needs to have respect for people who blazed a path for him to be a star.

I think alot of it has to do with how theyre edited..like hughes and the st. pierre thing.

youd be supprised what taking something out of context can do.

I completely agree. Watching TUF and seeing how they are as coches helped me understand them a little more. I used to hate Tito because of his ways but on TUF he put himself second and you don't see many Jocks doing that.I also met Tito and he seemed like a pretty cool guy at a little underground jiu jitsu match. Matt Hughes lost alot of respect with me because he is that same prick I remember from high school that I kicked the SH!T out of for running his mouth. All he needs is a good @$$ whoopin and he'll be a little more humble but until then we'll have to listen to his cocky pompous @$$ talk about himself a little more...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts