Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the general consensus about training in natural heat.

I have been working in a shed that has no power for a couple months now.

It seems like if I want to do a long workout I would have to get up around 5-6am so I can miss the 90-degree heat.

When I talk about a long workout, I'm putting in over 2-hours of strike training on a 70Lb punching bag.

Is there any way to complement training in the heat with anything to make it better?

For me when I do an hour of training I go through about at least 2-pints of water of sweat and it leaves the body at a rate of almost a half pint every 10-15 minutes.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any thoughts guys?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I lived basically outside in a country near the equator for 6 months and this is what I observed. It isn't sacientifically based fact but it seemed to make sense to me: The hotter the temperature of the where you sleep at night, the easier it is to work in heat during the day. I found that when there was hot weather for consecutive days i would sort of adapt to the heat but when there was cooler wether followed by hot wether, it knocked the crap out of me. Also, I worked in the only air conditioned room in an entire town. When I could, I would keep the temperature still pretty warm in the room so that when I left I would not have to re-adjust to the outside air. In other words, the more I could avoid cool enviroments, the more I more adapted my body seemed to be to the heat. I have no idea your living situation and of course if you already live/work without airconditiong then none of this is helpful.

Heres another trick...Eat hot food (hot showers) to cool down after. and take deep breaths. I know it is conter entuitive however in central america we had hot soup for lunch everyday.....ever notice how after when you take a cold shower after working out you end up still sweating afterwards...I don't know why hot things cool you down but i think it is because they soothe you causing your nervous system which in turn would slow down all body processes versus a cold shocking shower which startels your body making it go super fast.

finally, of course drink water but also get lots of salt. i've heard magnesium is important if you sweat a lot but coudlnt vouch for it. I remember hiking with this guy from the Israeli army and he said never drink more than a liter of water every half hour. his point was proven when this kid we were with who had recently guzzled down like 3 or 4 liters of h2o threw up all over the place due to his body not being able to abosrb it all.

good luck!

·
Roll Tide Roll
7,603 Posts
I work out in the thouth (Mississippi) And it gets hot as balls down here. I dont know if it hurts or helps but I know it makes the work outs a little harder. But at the same time you cant go as long without a break. You can only push it so far. But hey Ive lost a lot of weight

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.