Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Chris from pro-fight network claims that Overeem is on the juice. I'm assuming he's never met the man and just jumps on what could be an very obvious band wagon. He then goes on to say that Rogers is tough and isnt too sure AO is... right, maybe you haven't followed this guy's career. Juice or not, he was always a tough fighter.

Rogers came across as very humble and likeable. While I still only give him a puncher's chance, he could very well end up being the next strikeforce champ. The hype behind him, if this happens, may be pushed ala Kimbo during the elite xc days.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
i dont get it tho.

Is Alistair just a rookie in terms of masking??

alot of guys are doing it and arent scared to fight in the states. im sure he will be fine.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
...Man, I wanna see this fight badly. I can't see Rogers taking roids, he doesn't need them. His performance against the great Fedor showcased that he is a very game opponent for anyone. If Overeem tests hot, it wouldn't suprise me. I would be very disapointed though. The same testing has been done to Mayweather/Mosley. If the fight happens, one punch from Rogers on Alistair's tiny chin and he'll get put to sleep. I personally would like to see Rogers win because Overeem seems to be ducking. Now he's backed into a corner and if he pisses hot, I think he just wanted to duck Rogers the same way Barnett did with Fedor...

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
yea cuz Barnett had the lucrative going to small BJJ tournys and winning $500 career to fall back on.

he was just ducking fedor... he didnt want that MASSIVE payday....

Cool Story, Bro

its funny, Overeem can make $ elsewhere. i dont think he cares about padding ihs record if the $ is right, he will fight. is he clean?? prob not. just dont piss hot.

i doubt ppl are ducking...

Fedors management is ducking

·
Banned
820 Posts
Although the progression of Uberreems muscle growth is a bit abnoramal, I find it hard to belive he would take the fight if he thought he could get caught. Its called cycling, and if he does use steroids or another type of PED I am sure he would know how to cycle. Saying that who knows if he is or not other then him.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
I hope this fight actually happens. Two things though 1. I think there is a pretty good chance that Overeem is juicing 2. I dont think it is exactly fair to subject him to any kind of special drug testing just because he looks like he uses steroids. The dude has never pissed dirty before and there is a possibility that he actually doesnt use ped's. This may seem a bit contradictory, but im still a believer that everyone should get the same treatment until you are caught breaking the rules. I also think he will knock Rogers out in the first round without to much resistance. The dude is a top notch kickboxer that probably has one of the best clinches in the game. Rogers is sloppy and drops his hands way to much. My two cents anyhow.

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
I also think he will knock Rogers out in the first round without to much resistance. The dude is a top notch kickboxer that probably has one of the best clinches in the game. Rogers is sloppy and drops his hands way to much. My two cents anyhow.
I'm with you on this one :thumbsup:

I don't even think Roger can make it out of the 1 Round. Two totally different leagues! I mean Overeem made it into the top 3 K-1 fighters last year.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
i grow tired of hearing about Overeems MMA standup... then you watch him in MMA and he is average or getting KO'd by good strikers.

but he did beat Paul Buentello for that belt.... so obv he is right up there with the likes of Kongo.... except Kongo hasnt been KO'd a few times by LHWs.

blah....i hope Rogers takes his head off. If not i will have to hear even more Overeem crap as he continues to never fight anybody in MMA and ppl continue to regard him as one of the best.

Euros and Asians dont come to America much to fight MMA.

When they do, they usually lose.

lets check the latest hitlist of overrated euro/asians

Gomi (check)
Aoki (check)
Mousasi (check)
Overeem (come out n play)
Fedor (see above)

whoever is left hiding under rocks in europe or asia should just come out and lose already.

(boring friday)

·
Po Pimpin
795 Posts
i grow tired of hearing about Overeems MMA standup... then you watch him in MMA and he is average or getting KO'd by good strikers.

but he did beat Paul Buentello for that belt.... so obv he is right up there with the likes of Kongo.... except Kongo hasnt been KO'd a few times by LHWs.

blah....i hope Rogers takes his head off. If not i will have to hear even more Overeem crap as he continues to never fight anybody in MMA and ppl continue to regard him as one of the best.

Gomi (check)
Aoki (check)
Mousasi (check)
Fedor (see above)

whoever is left hiding under rocks in europe or asia should just come out and lose already.

(boring friday)
Gomi's days of glory are long gone.. Thats like making claims on Matt Hughes . How overrated was Gomi when he Ko'd pulver?:confused03:

Aoki 23-5 so he loses a bout to a top 5 guy and now hes overrated?:confused03:

Mousasi first bout with a wrestler and he loses . Oh shit killed the hype machine hes garbage.. GTFO

This is mma and ever dog has his day and anyone can and will be beat .

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts

Gomi (check)
Aoki (check)
Mousasi (check)
Fedor (see above)

(boring friday)
You're such an awful racist. Just because not everyone can be born BROWN PRIDE (and brown pride has what, one good fighter, sweet) doesn't mean they suck. Mousasi lost once in the last like five years. And he did 2-3x the damage his opponent did and was dominating in all positions except for "getting taken down."

Gomi's prime was YEARS ago and he just had a good fight with the #2 LW. Aoki is probably the best guard guy in MMA.

And I always hear you talk about how Rogers is legit, yet Fedor KO'd Rogers in like 6 minutes? Okay guy.

And these are the guys Overeem has faced before he was past his mid-20s:

• Shogun Rua
  • Ricardo Arona
  • Rogerio Nogueira
  • Vitor Belfort
  • Werdum
  • Sergei Kharitonov
  • Chuck Liddell
  • Igor Vovchanchyn

Then the guy matures, commits himself to HW and makes eating and working out his full time lifestyle. He gets to 255lbs as a guy who's 6'5" tall with a 82" reach, and people think he's juicing. The guy is SIX AND A HALF FEET TALL WITH AN 82 REACH. I can't believe he wasn't born 255lbs.

He moves to K1 and becomes an instant top 5 fighting all top talent and people still rag on him. Whatever. You could become a combat sport fan with an extremely deep depth of knowledge about many sports and competitors JUST and ONLY by watching all of Overeem's fights.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
lol you guys are touchy on fridays huh??

all those protected champions in fixed, phoney, crappy orgs that allow doping, fixed judges, mafia influence.

its a wonder they all come to the only place where you can be sure the fights are legit.... and lose.

must just be strange coincidences.

japanese put on helluva shows tho... i do agree.... so does Vince McMahon.

As far calling me a racist?? come on Khov... i thought we outgrew the petty insults??

you always hear me talk about Rogers is legit?? lol. khov, u either have a bad memory, or just say things to make arguements stronger... YOU SAID ROGERS IS LEGIT. I said he has potential but i dont think he is that good.

he is just good enough to beat overroids. who isnt that good and has never beaten a top LHW nevermind HW.

As for there being only one good mexican or mexican-american fighter out there?? Khov... you should know better then that.... hell... the guy you just called top 5 for beating Aoki.....so many more tho. who cares?? i dont laud them all.

·
Po Pimpin
795 Posts
You're such an awful racist. Just because not everyone can be born BROWN PRIDE (and brown pride has what, one good fighter, sweet) doesn't mean they suck. Mousasi lost once in the last like five years. And he did 2-3x the damage his opponent did and was dominating in all positions except for "getting taken down."

Gomi's prime was YEARS ago and he just had a good fight with the #2 LW. Aoki is probably the best guard guy in MMA.

And I always hear you talk about how Rogers is legit, yet Fedor KO'd Rogers in like 6 minutes? Okay guy.

And these are the guys Overeem has faced before he was past his mid-20s:

• Shogun Rua
  • Ricardo Arona
  • Rogerio Nogueira
  • Vitor Belfort
  • Werdum
  • Sergei Kharitonov
  • Chuck Liddell
  • Igor Vovchanchyn

Then the guy matures, commits himself to HW and makes eating and working out his full time lifestyle. He gets to 255lbs as a guy who's 6'5" tall with a 82" reach, and people think he's juicing. The guy is SIX AND A HALF FEET TALL WITH AN 82 REACH. I can't believe he wasn't born 255lbs.

He moves to K1 and becomes an instant top 5 fighting all top talent and people still rag on him. Whatever. You could become a combat sport fan with an extremely deep depth of knowledge about many sports and competitors JUST and ONLY by watching all of Overeem's fights.

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
lol you guys are touchy on fridays huh??

all those protected champions in fixed, phoney, crappy orgs that allow doping, fixed judges, mafia influence.

its a wonder they all come to the only place where you can be sure the fights are legit.... and lose.

must just be strange coincidences.

japanese put on helluva shows tho... i do agree.... so does Vince McMahon.

As far calling me a racist?? come on Khov... i thought we outgrew the petty insults??

you always hear me talk about Rogers is legit?? lol. khov, u either have a bad memory, or just say things to make arguements stronger... YOU SAID ROGERS IS LEGIT. I said he has potential but i dont think he is that good.

he is just good enough to beat overroids. who isnt that good and has never beaten a top LHW nevermind HW.

As for there being only one good mexican or mexican-american fighter out there?? Khov... you should know better then that.... hell... the guy you just called top 5 for beating Aoki.....so many more tho. who cares?? i dont laud them all.

Because Shogun, Vitor, Anderson Silva, Rampage Jackson, etc all came to the UFC and became chumps. :confused03:

And as for petty insults, I really believe you ARE racist. Not saying it's an insult, just that you seem to bring up the Brown Pride every chance you get. You don't see me loving every blonde/blue eyed fighter and if one ever became champ (what color are lesnar's eyes?) I'd hope that my Brazilian Rocket Fists would knock him out.

Overeem beat Vovchanchyn, Vitor 2x, Kharitonov, and every HW he's faced besides a fluke KO in the Kharitonov rematch.

You don't have to hate a guy just because he can't beat Shogun Rua. If that were the case you'd have to hate pretty much everyone.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.