1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PrideFC Offical Website

September 22 2006
TOKYO, Japan

PRIDE FIGHTING is proud to announce an additional bout for its first ever show on American soil, "THE REAL DEAL." The event will take place on SATURDAY, OCTOBER 21st from the THOMAS & MACK CENTER in LAS VEGAS, NEVADA. Just added to the card: "DANGEROUS" DAN HENDERSON versus "THE PHENOM" VITOR BELFORT.

A two-time member of the U.S. Olympic wrestling team, "DANGEROUS" DAN HENDERSON has translated his skills into the world of mixed martial arts. With one of the most wicked right hands in the business, Henderson has catapulted to the sport's elite with wins over the likes of Renzo Gracie, Murilo "Ninja" Rua, and Yuki Kondo. On December 31, 2005, Henderson won the PRIDE FIGHTING welterweight title with a victory over Brazil's Murilo Bustamante.

"THE PHENOM" VITOR BELFORT returns to Las Vegas, this time under the PRIDE FIGHTING banner. A former UFC light-heavyweight champion, Belfort possesses a phenomenal combination of lightning quick fists along with elite ground skills as a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Belfort is coming off of a KO victory over Yoshiki Takahashi last July 1stat PRIDE FIGHTING's "CRITICAL COUNTDOWN ABSOLUTE."

Headlining the Thomas & Mack event is PRIDE FIGHTING heavyweight champion and 2004 Grand Prix champion, FEDOR EMELIANENKO against former Olympic wrestler and PRIDE FIGHTING 2000 open weight Grand Prix champion MARK "THE HAMMER" COLEMAN. Also, 2005 tournament champion, MAURICIO "SHOGUN" RUA will meet the explosive two-time NCAA wrestling champion, KEVIN "THE MONSTER" RANDLEMAN in a match of Team Hammer House versus Team Chute Boxe. Also previously announced, "THE BABY FACE ASSASSIN" JOSH BARNETT versus Olympic judo gold medallist PAWEL NASTULA and former IBA World super heavyweight Champion, ERIC "BUTTERBEAN" ESCH versus former K-1 Grand Champion, "THE SAMOAN MONSTER" MARK HUNT.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I know the news, I posted it in the Real Deal official thread by Kameleon. Dan Henderson I think will win. Vitor will come out and dominate and after the first round give up and let Henderson beat on him the next two rounds therefore giving Henderson the decision.

·
Registered
82 Posts
SWEET, another great fight

if the fights gets past the frist then i see it going to Dan but Vitor is probably gonna try to KO him b4 that

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
good fight..but i see hendo winning a decision, im curious to see if hendo will strike with vitir or will this be a grappling match..i just dont know

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I dont see why Hendo wouldnt try to take Vito to the ground. I think that would definatly be his best bet.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
There are a lot of good fighters on the card of The Real Deal however the good fighters are in lopsided matches they will definitely win, besides Mauricio Rua .vs. Kevin Randleman. But I have to admit its better than all recent UFC events.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Can't wait to see this one. Any chance to see Vitor Belfort fight is great. I say Vitor Belfort will win by KO.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I'll definitely be watching this, I haven't seen Vitor fight since his last fight against Tito Ortiz. I may have seen him on some highlights or something, but other than that, that's all I've seen.

I wanna see Butterbean get knocked the **** out too.

·
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
2,458 Posts
TheJame said:
I'll definitely be watching this, I haven't seen Vitor fight since his last fight against Tito Ortiz. I may have seen him on some highlights or something, but other than that, that's all I've seen.

LMFAO [email protected] butterbean... your on the same note as me bro.. hahaha he should go back to KO'in ppl on Jackass

anyway,... i havnt seen Vitor fight since tito either... has he?

good fight card... gonna be an amazing night

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dan will win.Vitor is not the fighter he used to be.He does not have the mental game anymore.But i do love watching the old vitor.The wandy fight is a classic.fastest hands i have ever seen

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Wand didn't demand a rematch because he doesn give a crap about proving himself to the world even more. He has the mental peace beacause he has beaten tougher guys than Belfort. The only rematch he will want is the rematch with CroCop beacause he got humiliated and defiitely wasn't at his best. Other than that, Wand is still the man in my and many other ppl's eyes. True or not?

·
Registered
222 Posts
TheJame said:

If you get the PPV you definitely will get to see this, I can just about guarantee that after Hunt gets in a few vicous leg kicks, Butterbean is going to be wishing he had become an accountant instead of an MMA fighter. This fight will not last long, hopefully Hunt puts him out of his misery quickly.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm In

This is better than the summer's UFC PPV line up.... Vitor mental game didn't seem too bad last fight.

If my memory serves me, I think Nog had to soften Dan up a bit before he eventually subbed him.... and as someone pointed out, that's not Vitor's game unfortunately. I'd like to see him win, for ole' time sake.. but Dan might bring him in deep waters and give him the ole' gator roll.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts