Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Title Guy
16,901 Posts
Well he decided to go out on his own terms while on top so you can't really fault him for deciding to go out on those terms. Also he has a realistic outlook in that he hasn't been in too many wars that would cause long terms damage and stuff like real estate and business are better things to go for. As for real estate it might be cheap right now.

·
Premium Member
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can summarize close to the entirety of US real estate in 2 sentences.

The number of consumers that can afford to buy real estate is decreasing. This implies decreasing demand. Depressing real estate prices downwards.

Real estate construction and development is not keeping pace with population growth. This implies decreasing supply. Which drives real estate prices upwards.

I think Cejudo showed the world the blueprint for dealing with Cruz' movement heavy style. By far the smartest gameplan anyone has tried. Too bad the finish was controversial.

·
The Title Guy
16,901 Posts
Well Cody Garbrandt showed another way of defeating him as well which was to beat him at his own game but Henry Cejudo definitely showed another way to defeat him. I think given a few more seconds he would've been able to actually defeat him. Granted this was towards the end of the round but good refs order fighters to walk on their own to their corners of it's a TKO between rounds.

·
Premium Member
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Coby Garbrandt vs Dominick Cruz was a strange fight. It was Cody's last fight with Justin Buccholz coaching him. Before Buccholz split from team alpha male. Cruz looked slow and stiff there, like he was still nursing injuries. He fought more flat footed and didn't move much.

I think Cruz wanted movement vs Cejudo to counter his takedown/wrestling game. Later when Cruz realized Cejudo wasn't shooting for takedowns, he sat down more on his strikes.

·
The Title Guy
16,901 Posts
Which ultimately still didn't help considering the fact that he still wasn't able to touch Henry that much but then again he did head butt him. I wonder if that helped Henry in getting him mentally ready to start that ending sequence against Dominick. Also it is possible that Dominick wasn't at his top game and I think it's interesting that Team Alpha Male is constantly cycling through striking coaches.

·
Premium Member
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He said his time out after his recent shoulder surgery (new scar on his left shoulder) made him enjoy the time off and he began having second thoughts. He started to think about how he's competed since he was 11 years old and missed out on some things in life, always being in a competitive mindset and lifestyle.

I don't know if its true or not. But it seems like it could be plausible. Even if he retires now, he could return in a few years when he starts to get that itch.

·
The Title Guy
16,901 Posts
Yeah I know what that's like considering that I missed several occasions because I was competing in wrestling. That's why when I graduated from college I was pretty much done with competing in wrestling cause it takes time and one can't really have a normal life.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts