Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching tonights event I was left with a very bad taste in my mouth. Mir losing was one reason but what really bothered me is the horrible job tonight by Dan Miragliotta.

The stand up during the Fitch fight when Fitch was landing punches and not doing any LnP was the worst stand up I have ever seen in a UFC event. Dan needs to watch the fight and not pay any attention to what the crowd wants.

The second was the Mir stoppage. Mir could have been seriously hurt as he was already KO'ed, went limp 2 times and then Dan decides the fight is over.

He really needs to find another line of work as he just doesnt seem to care about the safety of the fighters at all. Horrible job :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

What really makes him look bad is that less than 2 week ago he saw one of the best reffing jobs ever by Herb Dean and the other ref whos name escapes my mind at this time.

·
Godless Heathen
4,144 Posts
what really bothered me is the horrible job tonight by Dan Miragliotta.
He was pretty shitty as usual. I think they put Dean on the Versus card because he's that great of a ref to help put a good taste in the "new" viewers mouths. Rarely do other refs take points away but Herb did 2 times i think (both totally justified as well).

In short, Dan sucks.

·
"I
6,923 Posts
Fitch should be permanently stood up.
As for Mir, maybe an extra punch or 2 but the stoppage was fair.
Then so should GSP. Fitch did more damage to Saunders on the floor than GSP did, was actively TRYING to pass Ben's guard and he gets boo'd. GSP does the same thing on a regular basis and get's commended

Anyways, Jimmy, I wish i could rep you again but I can't. After the Fitch stand up I was like "The ****?" Then I saw that crap with Mir happen and openly said that man should be fired. Dan is possibly the worst ref I have ever seen in my life.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Fitch should be permanently stood up.
As for Mir, maybe an extra punch or 2 but the stoppage was fair.
Its not Fitch's fault that most of his opponents can't handle his wrestling.

·
DJ Lance Rock
299 Posts
Then so should GSP. Fitch did more damage to Saunders on the floor than GSP did, was actively TRYING to pass Ben's guard and he gets boo'd. GSP does the same thing on a regular basis and get's commended
WORD! Maybe Fitch needs his own calender!

·
You're Welcome.
7,723 Posts
Then so should GSP. Fitch did more damage to Saunders on the floor than GSP did, was actively TRYING to pass Ben's guard and he gets boo'd. GSP does the same thing on a regular basis and get's commended.
Lies, GSP gets his fair share of grief, especially on these boards. And he was actually trying to finish via subs.

That said, I like Fitch's style... it's ugly and it's drawn out, but it's fun to watch. For me, anyway.

·
The Avy Slut
3,342 Posts
Terrible job by Mirgliotta, first in the Fitch/Saunders fight - separating them from the clinch was terrible, and then the Mir stoppage - FFS HE ATE 5-6 SHOTS AFTER HE WAS OUT DAN.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
It was bad! The chicks at my crib were even b*tching about it... but then again they were actively cheering during the Bocek vs Miller ground war. So they know what's up...

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
After watching tonights event I was left with a very bad taste in my mouth. Mir losing was one reason but what really bothered me is the horrible job tonight by Dan Miragliotta.

The stand up during the Fitch fight when Fitch was landing punches and not doing any LnP was the worst stand up I have ever seen in a UFC event. Dan needs to watch the fight and not pay any attention to what the crowd wants.

The second was the Mir stoppage. Mir could have been seriously hurt as he was already KO'ed, went limp 2 times and then Dan decides the fight is over.

He really needs to find another line of work as he just doesnt seem to care about the safety of the fighters at all. Horrible job :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

What really makes him look bad is that less than 2 week ago he saw one of the best reffing jobs ever by Herb Dean and the other ref whos name escapes my mind at this time.

Geez... stop complaining! If he stopped the Mir fight earlier... then you guys would be complaining that he's an idiot for stopping the fight to early.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Lies, GSP gets his fair share of grief, especially on these boards. And he was actually trying to finish via subs.

That said, I like Fitch's style... it's ugly and it's drawn out, but it's fun to watch. For me, anyway.
I'm glad there's someone who appreciates Fitch's style. There are very few who do (I post somewhere else...very few Fitch fans there)

Miragliotta is a horrible ref.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Don't you see? Mirgliotta is just a huge Mir fan, he wanted to give his boy every chance he possibly could. I hate to be hard on refs, it's a tough position, and you're usually damned if you do and damned If you don't, but playing to the crowd wasn't cool at all.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I didn't see the Fitch fight but I know Dan seperated Mir/Carwin and Brown/Almeida for no good reason. :thumbsdown:

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
WORD! Maybe Fitch needs his own calender!
maybe he needs to learn how to finish fights. 15min snooze fest is a waste of space.

·
Takedown, Dominate & Destroy
2,060 Posts
Yeah Mirgliotta really gaffed shit lastnight. Terrble reffing on his part. Mir should have been saved wayyyyyyyy earlier.

·
Registered
159 Posts
does anyone find it ironic that Mir was in all likely hood 2 or 3 more hits away from becoming the first person to die from octogon related injuries...?

·
Sensei
2,359 Posts

Anyways, Jimmy, I wish i could rep you again but I can't. After the Fitch stand up I was like "The ****?" Then I saw that crap with Mir happen and openly said that man should be fired. Dan is possibly the worst ref I have ever seen in my life.
great point...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts