Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, im 178 pounds, yesturday i had an appointment to mesure my body fat %, the result: 6% body fat. I train at the gym, lifting 4 times a week and doing jiu-jitsu and kickboxing at least 5 times a week. Obviously im loosing fat and adding muscle. A fighter must be between 8-12% body fat. I was wondering if I need to gain a bit a weight. Now I will soon be testing for my black belt (in october) the test is 8 hours, I still need to do cardio. Im also competing so I need to stay 10 pounds of my weight division. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
funny guy:sarcastic12: i already crosstrain i just feel like i still need to work on cardio. has for lean muscle, their is always place for improvment but i cant complain, so no I dont look like a bag of bone. so if there is somebody who wants to give me a smart answer, i would appreciate.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
funny guy:sarcastic12: i already crosstrain i just feel like i still need to work on cardio. has for lean muscle, their is always place for improvment but i cant complain, so no I dont look like a bag of bone. so if there is somebody who wants to give me a smart answer, i would appreciate.
Sorry man I was just being funny. But seriously your body fat is a little on the lean side, I trained with a guy that was lean like you and he would eat bananas and advocados (not together) all of the time. It brought his body fat into a slightly higher range without the cholesterol and "bad" fats. IMO even if you fought/tested at your body fat ratio now youll still be ok.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts