Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just found this while checking out nates twitter.

"@danawhite you should have nick diaz - nathan diaz - and jake shields all compete on same card in CA next year RT show gracie JJ some love.." 8:50 AM May 17th via web

-shrug- I can only hope. let's get Gilbert too.

EDIT: this comes from Limas Sweeds twitter. I just happened to get there looking at nates

·
Banned
820 Posts
Highly doubtful. I really only want Jake and Gilbert out of the 4.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I figure he would've added gilbert to the list if he was just hyping the gracie jjitsu guys, I think he might know somethign we don't.

also. Nick Diaz is the shit. I think he would take GSP anyday.

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
Nick Diaz would have the brightest future in the UFC, Jake Shields comes in second.

I just hope we never see Shields vs. Sonnen... dear lord.

·
On a Rampage
1,845 Posts
Nick has a lifetime ban from the UFC.
Remember when Kimbo wasn't ever going to fight in the UFC? I could see Dana pulling Nick just to hurt Strikeforce.

I wonder what the best way to type a twitter blog with a white trash lisp is???.... :confused02:
I'm pretty sure that Nate Diaz isn't white. My first clue was his name is Nate DIAZ.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
Remember when Kimbo wasn't ever going to fight in the UFC? I could see Dana pulling Nick just to hurt Strikeforce.
Dana said Kimbo would have to go through TUF to get into the UFC which is what happened. Nick attacked a guy in a hospital to get banned and since then has gotten into two post fight brawls, been clipped for weed in the gomi fight and suspended, and forced a fight cancelation because he refused to take a drug test. It is never happening.

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
Nick Diaz would have the brightest future in the UFC, Jake Shields comes in second.

I just hope we never see Shields vs. Sonnen... dear lord.
I think that it would turn out similar to Maia/Sonnen.

I would love to see all of these fighters in the UFC but I highly doubt it will happen. They could definitely shake up the divisions though.

·
On a Rampage
1,845 Posts
Dana said Kimbo would have to go through TUF to get into the UFC which is what happened. Nick attacked a guy in a hospital to get banned and since then has gotten into two post fight brawls, been clipped for weed in the gomi fight and suspended, and forced a fight cancelation because he refused to take a drug test. It is never happening.
Dana actually said he would have to "prove himself" on TUF. I guess showing up is proving yourself. I do see your point that Nick brings a plethora of problems. However Dana has gone back on his word before. If he thought he could hurt strikeforce, I think he could take care of it.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts

I'm pretty sure that Nate Diaz isn't white. My first clue was his name is Nate DIAZ.
what's your point? he IS white. Having the last name Diaz doesn't imply skin color, however it may imply race. My girlfriend is Cuban, but she identifies herself as being white.

·
On a Rampage
1,845 Posts
what's your point? he IS white. Having the last name Diaz doesn't imply skin color, however it may imply race. My girlfriend is Cuban, but she identifies herself as being white.
Well the US government doesn't consider her white. That's why that box on the census says white (non-Hispanic). Even in our school system if a child is part Hispanic they have to be counted as Hispanic. Just because someone has white skin doesn't make their race white. An albino African American would identify themselves as Black or African American. Before you ask the question how do I know, I had an albino student that I worked with.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts