Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holly Holm on a two fight streak since losing her chance at UFC gold to Nunes has beaten both Raquel Pennington and Irene Aldana both by unanimous decision. She faces Julianna Pena 2-1 since coming back to the UFC submitted by Germaine De Randamie at UFC on ESPN but bouncing back strong against olympic silver medal winner Sara McMann.

Holly Holm puts her number 2 bantamweight ranking up against Julianna Pena ranking at number 6. Can Pena get past the former champ Holm and give her name a big push for a title shot against Nunes or will Holm the striker outclass Pena in route to another shot at Nunes?

Twitter | Facebook | YouTube

·
Premium Member
7,371 Posts
Holly Holm pulled out of the fight.

Julianna Pena is fighting Amanda Nunes now.

·
The Title Guy
17,927 Posts
Yeah, I'm not sure one win is enough for a title shot but then again we have had fights where fighters got title shots off of losses. Not that Julianna Pena doesn't deserve a title shot considering how long she's been in the UFC fighting and how many wins she's gotten. I always though she was going to fight for a title and now here she is the only challenger who has not fought Amanda yet.

·
Premium Member
7,371 Posts
Amanda Nunes keeps fighting and keeps getting paid.

Works for me.

Don't care who is next in line.

It doesn't look as if anyone is training or working as hard as Nunes is to be a legit contender.

·
The Title Guy
17,927 Posts
Yeah that's the definition of a true champion is someone willing to take all comers. She could've played it safe and just sat at bantamweight but she chose to move up to take the title of best female fighter in MMA from Cyborg and just defended her featherweight title twice while now willing to go back down and defend her first title.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts