Votes: 39 37.9%
  • dont care...just wanna see him fight

Votes: 29 28.2%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GSP has been playing smart or as many say "safe" for a very long time...im not a big GSP fan and i actually dont mind watching him go for take downs and GnP, but lately it seems some fans are finding his style somewhat annoying because he's been putting on almost the SAME show over and over...he has gained many fans by taking over the welterweight division but he has also lost a few because of his "takedown + GnP" pattern he has OBVIOUSLY shown...i used to watch him to win...now i just wanna see who can overcome that pattern and beat him....sooooo my question....are u currently watching GSP to win or are u watching GSP to lose?...

·
Got Fight?
511 Posts
"Waiting for Dana to sign Minowa then have him cut 25 pounds or so to make 170 and fight GSP for the belt" should have been an option...

But on a serious note, as a fan Im watching him "just to watch him". I don't get bored with his fights at all...its not like he lays n prays for 5 consecutive rounds. Constantly improving positions and looking for subs. People are criticizing him for not finishing his opponents or afraid to stand n bang, etc. But I still get an extra rate of heartbeats when I see the guy step in the cage.

·
It's a league game, Smokey
8,258 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but I was actually a bit excited to see GSP try some subs instead of his pure wrestling and GnP. Still watching him to win for sure.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
YES! "The heart rate factor", nothing gets me more pumped than a GSP fight, my heart rate skyrockets when he fights. I'll always cheer for him. :thumbsup:
Do you get a warm fuzzy feeling brewing down below too?

Just f*ckin with ya. I don't get all that pumped when GSP is about to fight because I really don't expect it to be much of a fight, no one challenges him, I get far more pumped when I think I'm about to see a war.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
The only guys I would want to beat him are BJ and Andy otherwise I don't really care about the outcome.

·
Premium Member
4,223 Posts
YES! "The heart rate factor", nothing gets me more pumped than a GSP fight, my heart rate skyrockets when he fights. I'll always cheer for him. :thumbsup:
Right, a soft spot for GSP, I'll accept that.

But if you told me you were excited to see GSP grind for 25 minutes, I'd say you were full of shit. In fact yeah, you are full of shit. Just because the guy was once an exciting fighter doesn't mean you have some kind of obligation to defend him when he does the SAME thing that the likes of Tim Sylvia did...I find bullshit.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I will always watch and be pumped for any fight involving GSP, Silva, BJ, and Fedor because it gets me amped up to know that i'm about to witness the best in action. There have been times when each one of them haven't lived up to there status but that doesn't stop me from being amped to watch them every time.

·
The Avy Slut
3,342 Posts
I simply enjoy watching him fight and win, however if his opponent is a better fighter on the night and gets the W, then hey, they deserved it.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I simply enjoy watching him fight and win, however if his opponent is a better fighter on the night and gets the W, then hey, they deserved it.
Co-signed with this, and...

I have nothing against his fighting style. He fights to his strengths. Though, I wonder if he'd be a different fighter if he actually beat Serra the first time/wasn't stopped.

Until someone with a Daniel Cormier/King Mo type of wrestling ability can nullify his wrestling, imo dude should keep going with the wrestling if it's what wins him fights.

·
Clowns will eat me
3,958 Posts
I still enjoy watching his fights. I did enjoy seeing him bring back some submission attempts in this fight though.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
GSP is superb but.....i want to see him finish fights not eke out safe decisions, and for the UFC to give him legitimate challengers

·
Panic-wrestler
4,093 Posts
Ever since the Hardy fight i've noticed a growing frustration on here about GSP's fights.

Look, GSP is the best in his weight class and he shows this in every fight he has, I'm English and ofcourse i was rooting for Hardy but the backlash that GSP has gotten since that fight is laughable.. GSP utilises his best attributes to win fights, just as all the best MMA fighters do, people in any aspect of life do things the most efficent way they can.. if you're a Mechanic by trade you wouldn't work in a Bakers shop would ya?

GSP dominates his opponents in the vast majority of his fights, even if you think it's boring it's still efficent to a massive ratio, he fought Hardy and the fight must have been at least 90% on the floor, GSP is a clever man, if he wants to keep winning his would be wise to continue this way and not listen to a grumpy minority.

·
Let Me Bang Bro
1,967 Posts
I watch him to see him lose, his fight have begun to bore me slightly as it usually ends in a total domination of his opponent in the form of a 5 round UD. I wish he stod up more, he would still probably pwn the other guy so I dont know why he doesnt. Unless he's a bit gun shy having been tko'd by Serra?

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Ever since the Hardy fight i've noticed a growing frustration on here about GSP's fights.

Look, GSP is the best in his weight class and he shows this in every fight he has, I'm English and ofcourse i was rooting for Hardy but the backlash that GSP has gotten since that fight is laughable.. GSP utilises his best attributes to win fights, just as all the best MMA fighters do, people in any aspect of life do things the most efficent way they can.. if you're a Mechanic by trade you wouldn't work in a Bakers shop would ya?

GSP dominates his opponents in the vast majority of his fights, even if you think it's boring it's still efficent to a massive ratio, he fought Hardy and the fight must have been at least 90% on the floor, GSP is a clever man, if he wants to keep winning his would be wise to continue this way and not listen to a grumpy minority.
Well You don't pay good $$ to watch a mechanic work on your car. You pay money for PPV's in the UFC to be entertained, and honestly GSP is not coming close to living up to his potential. That's why he's getting such a backlash. On top of this he calls himself a complete martial artist after he just pulled the exact same stragety with Thiago and BJ, the only entertaining aspect with BJ was he greased himself up.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts