Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Kyra Gracie Guimaraes (born May 29, 1985 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) (also spelled Kira) is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt and multiple title holder. Her mother (Flavia Gracie) and her uncles (Ralph Gracie, Renzo Gracie, Ryan Gracie) all practice BJJ.

She is one of the few Gracie women to achieve a black belt in BJJ, and is the first Gracie female to actively compete in the sport. She is currently living in the United States, where she is associated with the Renzo Gracie Academy in New York, and the Gracie Barra Academy in Lake Forest, California. She is also associated with the Gracie Barra Academy in Rio de Janeiro.

Titles
3x World BJJ Champion (2004,2006,2008)
5x Pan American BJJ Games Champion (2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2007)
5x Brazilian BJJ Champion (1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004)
5x New York State BJJ Champion (1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002)
2x ADCC (Abu Dhabi Combat Club) Submission Wrestling World Champion (2005, 2007)
1x Asiatic BJJ Champion (2006)

i added her for all her accomplishments in BJJ...

·
I Finish Threads
9,061 Posts
I love it. She really is pretty hot, I always thought that pretty-boy Gracie family could produce some good looking women, and fighting's in the blood, right? :D

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
imagine... kyra... gina... nude... wet... making out... and inviting me to join :drool01:

·
Team Penn
1,454 Posts
Why do I get the feeling the only reason she's an "honorable mention" is because she's smokin' hot??

·
Curitiba Food and Liquor
16,175 Posts
Why do I get the feeling the only reason she's an "honorable mention" is because she's smokin' hot??
Because you're right. She is hot, and she's only in here b/c her last name is Gracie. You'll notice that the vast majority of Gina's pictures portray her as primarily an athlete and a legitimate contender, the hot girl aspect is there but it doesn't take center stage.

She's no different to me than the anonymous hot women who are told how to triangle each other for pictures.

·
I Finish Threads
9,061 Posts
Because you're right. She is hot, and she's only in here b/c her last name is Gracie. You'll notice that the vast majority of Gina's pictures portray her as primarily an athlete and a legitimate contender, the hot girl aspect is there but it doesn't take center stage.

She's no different to me than the anonymous hot women who are told how to triangle each other for pictures.
Hey now, Kyra Gracie may not have much MMA experience but as a grappler she is actually very accomplished.

Ripped from her WP page:

* 3x World BJJ Champion (2004,2006,2008)
* 5x Pan American BJJ Games Champion (2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2007)
* 5x Brazilian BJJ Champion (1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004)
* 5x New York State BJJ Champion (1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002)
* 2x ADCC (Abu Dhabi Combat Club) Submission Wrestling World Champion (2005, 2007)
* 1x Asiatic BJJ Champion (2006)

Here's some pics and video of her against the likes of Tara LaRosa and Megumi Fuji:

http://murasakibjj.wordpress.com/2008/05/29/kyushu-open-women/

·
Team Penn
1,454 Posts
But seriously, no other high level grappler (who doesn't fight MMA) is featured as an "Honorable Mentions" in any of the other divisions.

·
I Finish Threads
9,061 Posts
That's why I said what I said. I'm sure there are other hot women out there who are talented grapplers, they just aren't from a high-profile family influential in that area.
Granted, but I still think that 20+ championship wins including two ADCC wins makes this statement:

uncharitable at the least. Respect where respect is due: she's not just some model who did a triangle one time for a photo shoot.

·
Curitiba Food and Liquor
16,175 Posts
I concede yr second point. I was kind of b!tchy. Don't I get to be cranky on here occasionally lol?

I still think Gina, Shayna, etc. could wipe up the ring/octagon with her though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.