Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Sleepy
2,153 Posts
The coach of my MMA gym sets them up for our fighters, no idea how to do it if you're solo.

I'd imagine you'd need to organise a health check, HIV test and whatnot beforehand then apply with the athletic commission to become granted to fight. Afterwards speak to coached about pssible fight nights and if they need a fighter.

Like I said my coach organises all of this for our fighters so I have no idea but hope I helped.

·
Sleepy
2,153 Posts
Thanks for the relpy, I go to a mma/ jujitsu gym that does hold an event or two. I was just wondering if there is a ju jitsu or mma tournament website or link providing tournament locations and dates.
I'm not sure about Jiu Jitsu/MMA tournaments as such but I've been to and know alot of fighters that have fought in 3 round fights in fight nights.

All our fights are WKA sanctioned and novice rules are no head shots at all, amateur are no headshots on the ground/ no elbows/knees to the noggin at all. Fight nights are held all over the place, I advise you speak to your instructor but if you are desperate to charge forth with it then get yourself registered then just apply somewhere.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts