Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeff Monson is the serious underdog coming into UFC 65! Jeff Monson is 5.9 and he is facing a man who is 6.8. Not only will it be hard to get Sylvia on the ground but he is in good range for that leg kick of Sylvia's! So with that in mind, what does Jeff Monson have to do to win this fight?

·
Tim Sylvia Sucks
965 Posts
silva would have beat sylvia's ass if big gay tim hadnt been grabbing the fence. monson is probably a million times stronger than silva and a much better submission expert. sylvia will lose points cheating.

·
LHW Champ
781 Posts
thats easy, get the takedown and control him there and go for the submission. i know he can win and hope he does. if Tim stopps his takedown Jeff is in trouble, not to get knocked out but losing standup points round after round.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
i say

he wold have to bring a gun...coz Monson gonna get assulted

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
lol

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Like most people said he has to get the takedown. There is no way that mosnon wants to test the reach of Big tim. Monson has to catch him off guard go for a db leg and work for a submission. Should be a decent match. Hopefuly :dunno:

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
Sad thing is you know Sylvia has to have mastered the sprawl by now. You know damn well he's prolly spending hours upon hours with Hughes and other short Militage wrestlers practicing his takedown defense. As much as I wanna see Sylvia fail, I think he's gonna sprawl his way to victory.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
flourhead said:
silva would have beat sylvia's ass if big gay tim hadnt been grabbing the fence. monson is probably a million times stronger than silva and a much better submission expert. sylvia will lose points cheating.

Exactly, his fatass would have been slammed.

But on the Jeff Monson note, I think he can get through his reach, and if he can without getting knocked really good than I think he has a solid chance.
His ground game is strong, as we know, and I am pretty sure he is stronger than Tim.

·
Sensei
2,359 Posts
Monson's gotta take this one to the ground and keep it there, Tim's ground game is definitely not as strong as Monson's.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
I think that the "Snowman" is going to be extra aggressive not wanting to suffer the same fate as AA in AA/Sylvia III. Watch for Jeff to try to slip the jab and go immediately for a double leg take down. While on the ground, Jeff should be careful not to get complacent because Tim does have submissions as a part of his arsenal. Look for Jeff to isolate an arm or a leg because Tim's long limbs are great for submissions. Just ask Frank Mir or AA.

Tim's goal will be to stop the takedown. A knee to Jeff's head while he is shooting could end this one really quick. I'm not sure if Tim wants to take the risk though. If the knee doesn't do significant damage he will be flat on his back and more than likely on the way to losing his belt. I suspect he will employ a jab/uppercut while moving backwards defense. Chuck used it to perfection in his last fight against Babalu.

Overall this is a classic style matchup. Tim hoping to keep it standing and Snowman hoping to chop that tree down. Should be a great fight! I am a big fan of both men so I will only be disappointed if the pace slows to a crawl.

·
Premium Member
4,223 Posts
How can he win? Well the Ogre has some good takedown defense, but Monson has the strength and ability to bring him to the ground, now keeping him on the ground well, that's going to be a challenge, but if Monson does get him to the ground, he can initiate some ground and pound and force Sylvia to give up his back where he may be able to work in a submission. Now, he has to finish him here, because this might happen for a good 4 minutes and until the end of the round. The next round Monson will probably be exhausted, and Timmy will throw some bombs and knock him out.

·
Registered
891 Posts
i think it all will be decided in the first round.
if monson can take him down and controal it its gonna frustrate tim
if tim can sprawl and stay up its gonna frustrate monson

monson took chuck to a card and hasnt lost in the ufc until the 3rd..so he may have some cardio on him

also hes boxed as a hw, most of which i can only guess were bigger with a huge reach advantage just like timmy.

oh and he wasnt ever KO'ed as a boxer and i dont believe anytime early in the ufc.

"Monson's nickname “The Snowman” came after he beat four Brazilian grapplers in a row. They suggest he was like a snowball, growing in strength as he rolled around."

i really just want to see tim on the ground since hes used to being the bigger stronger guy. I think monson will be signifigently stronger like hughes vs. gracie where he basically moved gracie to where he saw fit.
(and i love the gracies for the record)

·
Registered
227 Posts
i would say hes gonna get knocked out this fight if he does get tim in submission who says hes gonna tap he could just as easily break out of it as monson can put it on

·
Registered
540 Posts
Maniac said:
if he does get tim in submission who says hes gonna tap he could just as easily break out of it as monson can put it on
Yeah just like Silvia broke out of Mirs armbar? Im not saying Silvias gonna losse infact as much as I dont want him to win this should be his night but lets not forget just about everytime silvia's been on the ground he's been submitted. He definantly has holes in his game and I can see Monson possibly just musling Silvia to the ground. What Monson losses in height he gains in strength. Although I think Silvias gonna win a boring decision I really want Monson to win this fight.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Bonnar426 said:
Jeff Monson is the serious underdog coming into UFC 65! Jeff Monson is 5.9 and he is facing a man who is 6.8. Not only will it be hard to get Sylvia on the ground but he is in good range for that leg kick of Sylvia's! So with that in mind, what does Jeff Monson have to do to win this fight?
sylvia's kicks really arent that deadly lol not that im saying sylvia's stand up isnt better than monsons its just that his kicks are way overrated considering they suck i dont think any miletich fighters can kick come to think of it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts