Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
Its amazing what's happened to Mirko over the last month or so. Its like his *real* personality is coming through. Personality I didn't know he had. Hes a really warm and funny guy. He knows the end is near and hes decided to relax and enjoy it a bit while he can, instead of that steely cold stare and the robot persona. Not that I have anything against the old terminator Mirko... but I like this one better!

Mirko rocks.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Didn't he once make an interviewer believe he was gonna beat him up? That was cool. Not so much for the interviewer. :thumb02:

It's great to see him so happy and relaxed. We haven't seen him like this since he entered the UFC. His contract should be over now, hopefully he decides to re-sign and finally gets his rematch with Big Nog. That's an old man match I'd like to see for a change.

·
Takedown, Dominate & Destroy
2,060 Posts
Ive always liked Mirko as a fighter but was never a huge fan or anything but dude is winning me over quickly as of late. His entire perdormace seemed to benefit from it aswell. Good on CC it's nice to see a PRIDE dude have some success in the UFC finaly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Didn't he once make an interviewer believe he was gonna beat him up? That was cool. Not so much for the interviewer. :thumb02:

It's great to see him so happy and relaxed. We haven't seen him like this since he entered the UFC. His contract should be over now, hopefully he decides to re-sign and finally gets his rematch with Big Nog. That's an old man match I'd like to see for a change.
Yes, he scared Mauro in an interview before the Waterman fight. It was priceless.

Man, when Mirko decides to retire that guy has got a career in acting ahead of him.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Ive always liked Mirko as a fighter but was never a huge fan or anything but dude is winning me over quickly as of late. His entire perdormace seemed to benefit from it aswell. Good on CC it's nice to see a PRIDE dude have some success in the UFC finaly.
What about Shogun, Anderson, Big Nog, Lil Nog and Rampage? :confused02:

·
Takedown, Dominate & Destroy
2,060 Posts
What about Shogun, Anderson, Big Nog, Lil Nog and Rampage? :confused02:
Tahts a bit of mixed bag don't you think? Anderson comes from many organizations aswell as Rampage. They both fought elsewhere before PRIDE.

Big Nog hasn't been extremely successful but he finally got his big win over Randy yes which is awesome. Lil Nog looked great against Cane but then wilted under pressure to Brilz (who should have gotten the win) someone he was supposed to have clobbered.

Rampage has been on the decline as of late aswell with his losses building up and nearly losing a decision to Jardine.

Shogun aswell has only in his past 2 fights looked back on form and the dude is allready injured again so who know what he'll look like when he comes back from this surgery.

I just meant it's nice to See a PRIDE guy giving us a PRIDE showing really. I guess my wording could have been better sure but you get what I mean.

I was just super happy to see the old CroCop come out and start getting off with his kicks and his hands, which as of lately has been out of character for him lol.

Just glad to have him back.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
I don't know, in my view they're all PRIDE fighters. Everyone has fought for another organisation at some point in time, but I know them all primarily from their PRIDE fights and I'm sure most non-casuals do too. That's why I'm always disagreeing with people saying that PRIDE fighters have never succeeded in the UFC because the UFC has been in PRIDE's hands for a while now (so to speak). Anderson and Shogun are champions of their divisions, Rampage and Big Nog were champions in the UFC and Lil' Nog hasn't lost yet. Sure, some of them aren't doing too good right now but they were doing good some years ago, so Mirko is not the first guy from PRIDE to get a win.

I understand your point though. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
5,115 Posts
Yes, he scared Mauro in an interview before the Waterman fight. It was priceless.

Man, when Mirko decides to retire that guy has got a career in acting ahead of him.
That vid is brilliant. Mirko has always been a funny guy, dunno why people are so shocked to see him like this.

·
Banned
5,115 Posts
This is a shock to people who didn't saw documentary about him, made by Croatian national TV. He is very relaxed, always joking and pulling pranks.
I dont think people need to have seen a documentary about him. I seen a lot of his interviews during Pride and could tell he was just a funny guy and a prankster.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Tahts a bit of mixed bag don't you think? Anderson comes from many organizations aswell as Rampage. They both fought elsewhere before PRIDE.

Big Nog hasn't been extremely successful but he finally got his big win over Randy yes which is awesome. Lil Nog looked great against Cane but then wilted under pressure to Brilz (who should have gotten the win) someone he was supposed to have clobbered.

Rampage has been on the decline as of late aswell with his losses building up and nearly losing a decision to Jardine.

Shogun aswell has only in his past 2 fights looked back on form and the dude is allready injured again so who know what he'll look like when he comes back from this surgery.

I just meant it's nice to See a PRIDE guy giving us a PRIDE showing really. I guess my wording could have been better sure but you get what I mean.

I was just super happy to see the old CroCop come out and start getting off with his kicks and his hands, which as of lately has been out of character for him lol.

Regardless, Mirko hasn't had anywhere near the same level of success. Has Mirko held a title in the UFC?

I am huge CC fan, but you can't say he's been more successful than the others. CC wouldn't last a round with a top 5 HW.

·
All Eyez on Me
2,481 Posts

yeah okay..:confused02:

·
It's a league game, Smokey
8,258 Posts
I agree.

Anderson Silva isn't a Pride fighter because he had more matches in other orgs. He only fought in Pride 5 times, and on top of that he was not fighting for Pride when it was aquired by UFC. He was also never a star in Pride.

What about when he became intirim HW champion? :confused02:

Rampage is most certainly a Pride fighter. Arguing otherwise simply baffles me. He is in some of the most famous and iconic Pride matches of all time, even if he was on the bad end of the knockouts. His fights against Wanderlei and Rua are epic and are remembered as some of the best knockouts ever in Pride. Rampage has 17 fights in Pride; that's nearly half of his total fights. I'll say it again, nearly half of his total fights were in Pride. That makes you a Pride fighter.

And how can you say Rampage didn't have success? UFC LHW champion? Sure he is on the decline now, but he is a very successful story of a Pride fighter doing well in the UFC.

Okay so knocking out Chuck Liddell and knocking out the unbeaten, supposedly unbeatable Machida is somehow not as impressive as beating up Pat Barry with a broken hand?

Becoming the LHW champ by brutally knocking out a legend and the champion is not a "PRIDE showing" to you?

Jeez...

1) Shogun devastating Chuck, devastating Machida with brutal strikes
2) Big Nog taking an epic beating only to sub Sylvia for the iHW championship
3)Jackson knocking out Chuck

All PRIDE guys giving PRIDE showings. Shogun and big nog in aprticular did exactly what they normally did in PRIDE.

I think what you mean't to say was "it's nice to see CC look like he did in PRIDE".

Ya it was sick to see him in decent form for once. :)

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
The guy is a beast and I really enjoyed watching him fight.

All the best mirko, thank you for everything you gave. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.