Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
hard to say really since most of his fights stay on the feet. but from what i remember about his PRIDE fights, he held his own. he's definetly more dangerous on his feet, but if anything, he can protect himself of the ground. afterall... Brazillian... duh... lol

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Storm442 said:
Fast forward this video to 6:42 and watch Anderson vs. Ryo.
Gives *some* insight as to how he is on the ground.
Ryo Chonan HL

It's just one fight, but most people here haven't even seen this much of Anderson outside of his Leben and Franklin fights!

~Storm
yeah i love that fight, thats one of the best subs ever!! i dont know if you can say he has a bad ground game because of that. that sub wont work on very many other guys. it's perfect for some one with long skinny legs like silva. but it also further inforces my point that pride has more talented fighters. do the math, rich franklin is the champ, and seems to have a pretty good chance at keeping his belt for awhile with the current fighters in his weight class. enter silva, tota enialation in the 1st rd. and anderson is not the best guy in that weight divsion in pride.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
j.farrell said:
yeah i love that fight, thats one of the best subs ever!! i dont know if you can say he has a bad ground game because of that. that sub wont work on very many other guys. it's perfect for some one with long skinny legs like silva. but it also further inforces my point that pride has more talented fighters. do the math, rich franklin is the champ, and seems to have a pretty good chance at keeping his belt for awhile with the current fighters in his weight class. enter silva, tota enialation in the 1st rd. and anderson is not the best guy in that weight divsion in pride.

At least they are bringing in more talent, gotta give them credit for getting Anderson, hopefully its a preview of whats to come.

·
LEGEN...wait for it...DARY
5,066 Posts
MW is certainly a weak division for the UFC. Pride has great fighters, UFC has some really good fighters too. I just think that some of those average Japanese fighters are a lot better than some of the average Americans that UFC seems to be getting.

Both organizations have weak and strong fighters in each division.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
ID say hes an 8 on the ground, although i fell a strong wrestler with good stregnth can control him and work some ground and pound, but there arent many guys like that in the ufc, maybe david terrel would have a shot

·
Registered
336 Posts
He is pretty dam good on the ground, since he did get trained by one of the best in the Business and received his black belt from them.... and Jeremy Horn is awesome in submission and look what happened to him when he went at it with Silva, so bottom LINE is... he is as deadly on the Ground as his standup

ps- if matt is smart he wont fight Silva, to much at risk, and Matt could barely fend off BJ Penn or St.Pierre, much less Silva

Matt Linland would be a better match then Shwick for Silva

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.