Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i was just wandering how long do you think silva is going to hold his title. I dont see anyone in his division right now who can take it away. So im betting till Dana brings some better talent into this division.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I heard all this smack about how Franklin was going to tear Anderson apart. Being in Vegas and knowing Silva prior to the UFC I knew my bet at the Palms was as good as in my pocket.....and it was. Mike Swick is a talented young fighter but he bit off more than he can chew calling Silva out. I don't see anyone but a better prepared Franklin having a chance anytime soon.

·
Hammer Fist Elbow
350 Posts
I think Silva is going to be champ for quite some while. Couple of months at least. Hes very experienced and I bet he can hold is own against some the best in the UFC until Dana White gets some better fighters in the UFC to take down Silva which I think is not going to happen for quite awhile.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
...Kaiser...good point...my friend said the same thing...Swick doesn't stand a chance. Silva is basically in control of the MH Division. A Franklin rematch has to happen cause Rich really wasn't himself and got caught. Wish ol' Frank Shamrock was still like he was...he may have beaten Silva (Submision),for or retaining the belt. I think Swick does have a chance. Swick is underrated. Swick explodes like Dynamite...(i.e.) Victor Belfot vs.Wanderlei Silva. 44 seconds of the Phenom's fury completely overwhemled Wandy getting the KO. Seems like Silva is looking for the clinch too much, like with Leben/Franklin. No doubt has been proven deadly..but you can break it. If Swick were to avoid the Clinches, he stands a chance with his tight stand up game. Thing is...lol...Silva is dangerous on his feet too!. Either way Swick would have to land a lucky high kick or super quick combinations and KO Silva to win....don't see that happening though.

P.S. HEY ALL---WANDERLEI SILVA IS COMING TO GRUEBEL'S MARTIAL ARTS ACADEMY HERE IN AUGUSTA, GEORGIA IN NOVEMBER TO DO A SEMINAR! 5 MINUTES FROM HOME. HELL YEAH!!!...PICS & AUTO'S IN THE BAG.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you look at a majority of Silva's wins they were not done with the clinch. His standup is tighter and more dangerous than Swicks. Plus if Swick was hesitant with David I imagine he will hesitant with Silva as well. I don't see it being a good night for Swick.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The day i saw Chris Leben got knocked out i was like wtf, the th next day i see a voting system to who wants to fight rich franklin and i saw Silva's name and im like "ha franklin will destroy this guy" but when i went to youtube and saw his highlight video.... i knew 100% Franklin was done due to this guy's chin is ****ing STEEL and seen Franklin rocked a few times, Silva has NEVER been knocked out, i think that Silva will beat Franklin again standing up or on ground

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
I think the only guy that has a shot at Silva right now is Marquardt. He's got great striking and a great all-around ground game. I think he has a chance at Silva, but beyond that, no one has a snowball's chance in hell.

I thought that Swick might be up for a title shot next, but I thought his performance against Loiseau was unimpressive and Swick finished badly. If he had to go 5 rounds with Silva, he'd gas and Anderson would go through him like butter. After a few more good wars over good opponents he might have a shot.

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
i dont even think marquardt has a chance. swick would get eaten alive. rich was a great champ and silva made him look completely clueless and unprepared. its crazy how good silva is. rich was a great champ and its sad to say, but silva is that much better than everyone. i dont see him getting beat till some new talent builds up in that division.

·
Registered
327 Posts
His stand up is excellent but he needs much need work on his ground game. He got owned by lutter on the ground and the fact that lutter was out of shape and fat and knew that no matter what the outcome he wasnt leaving with the belt didnt give him the adrenilin rushes that he should of got. Swick will bang with him and if Mike wants the belt it should be in his best interest to take Anderson to the ground

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think that silva will hold it for a while. I would however, love to see franklin get another crack at him. I honestly think that he was not right the first time they fought. You could see it when he was walking out of the tunnel. He was not ready for that fight. I'm not tryin to take anything away from silva but, franklin was not ready to fight. I would love to see a rematch!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Silva has almost no competition in the MW division except rich and hendo. Rich should fight hendo for a title shot against silva.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.