:)
pull ups=17
chin ups= 19
I can just pump out the chins easier
I'm going for the middle school record of 22:thumbsup: :D

·
Crazy Kicker
957 Posts
thats really good. pull ups are hard. ive worked pretty hard at it and on a good day i can do 18 mabye 19 like u

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my numbers have recently shot up (arm hair? lol)
pull ups are more of the back being used.....chins are more bicepes...i think

·
Registered
77 Posts
alot of how many pull ups you do is form. not always strength. i suck at pull ups 3 for me. my frined can do like 20 and when we lift my back is way stronger in dead lift, pull downs, and rows

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well lat pull downs doesn't really convert to pull ups....same with deads.... rows are more for the back too.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Which are which? lol

Does the grip with plams in mean chin up and palms out mean pull ups? Or is it just how high you go on the bar?

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
chin=palms facing you
pull ups= palms away from you

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hughesfan2791 said:
I can do 19 pull ups and 15 chin ups. I'm only 15. :)

How do you think i could improve?
do you have wide hand spacing on the pull ups? because you use more back with wide arms making you be able to do more.
add weights;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hughesfan2791 said:
I can do 19 pull ups and 15 chin ups. I'm only 15. :)

How do you think i could improve?
to improve, just do them as part of your workout. if you lift weights the pull up should be the back part of your workout. i have a good friend who had no access to weights but had a pull-up bar. when he started he could do 15 maybe 20 reps. i told him to do 100reps. he laughed saying it was'nt possible. then i told him to do 100reps, but take as many sets as required to get it done. that could mean 20 sets or more. if you have do do 10sets of 10reps, do that. you may have to do a some sets of just one or two reps. i would argue against adding weight unless you want to use the exercise to gain mass.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I keep my hands shoulder width apart and im gone try adding weight to a belt. So i guess its just gona be like adding weights when doing sit-upd isnt it. Thanks for the tips. Also what would be better to do 15 one arm press-ups or 5 handstand press-ups. Help please.

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
weighted pull ups (like 10 pounds) should be good to add reps. heavier for more stregnth and eventually a one arm pull up. put your arms slighty wider for pull ups
and idk work one arm push ups and handstand push ups

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ttt
did them in gym....i fail (crap) we had to do pull ups (no chin ups) got 18 my PR but needed 22. But I got until the end of the year and I could probably ask to do them again and (f5ck up the old record)

·
Registered
8 Posts
pullups are a good measure of your power to strength ratio. They do not neccessarily represent how you strong you really are. As mentioned above, some can do no pullups but can out lift in back exercises with weights. if you can't reach 15 pullups, you are not developing your body strength in a balanced manner. Core exercises include, pullups, pushups, and squats. You'll need to do more of these to help develop undereveloped support muscles. Reducing your bodyfat will also increase your pullup count and ultimately your power to weight ratio. P/W: is key in fighting.

oh yea, my max ratio was 22 pullups at 215lbs 6'2". Pushups, i dont even know, but i am 60+ in one minute.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for the advice doublelegtakedown its helped me loads, got a new PB thanks to you. Get to show off in the school gym now lol, alls good apart from lil pussies bein *****es to me cos i can go more than them. THANKS FOR THE HELP :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
drivenfaster said:
pullups are a good measure of your power to strength ratio. They do not neccessarily represent how you strong you really are. As mentioned above, some can do no pullups but can out lift in back exercises with weights. if you can't reach 15 pullups, you are not developing your body strength in a balanced manner. Core exercises include, pullups, pushups, and squats. You'll need to do more of these to help develop undereveloped support muscles. Reducing your bodyfat will also increase your pullup count and ultimately your power to weight ratio. P/W: is key in fighting.

oh yea, my max ratio was 22 pullups at 215lbs 6'2". Pushups, i dont even know, but i am 60+ in one minute.
yes, strength to weight ratio is very important for gymnasts, expecially on the rings!!!!! you have to have strong backs, biceps, tris, and shouulders!

hughesfan2791 said:
Thanks for the advice doublelegtakedown its helped me loads, got a new PB thanks to you. Get to show off in the school gym now lol, alls good apart from lil pussies bein *****es to me cos i can go more than them. THANKS FOR THE HELP
no problem so what did you do to get them up? practice with a wider hand grip? that's what i did....i can do about 19 atm, but i'll try for max again today:)
everybody in my gym class pretty much sucked at them lol, second most was 10 (pretty good for never doing them before)

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ooooooh schnap!!!!!!!!!! 21!!!!!! i have gotten really powerful and just jerk myself over the bar.....i should go for clapping ones soon.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts