Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
obviously main eventers get paid more but how much are they getting paid??

·
Registered
178 Posts
Depends massively according to their contract. They make better money I think since the Spike deal but for instance when Ken Shamrock fought Rich Franklin, Ken made a ton more cash than Franklin because he was still being paid according to an old contract which was long term.

No doubt he is in a great position for a major pay increase when it's up for renewel though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You're basically looking at a range from about $2K to about $300K, I think. There are a few exceptions, like the $1 million+ or so that Gracie got in the Hughes' fight (according to rumors).

I think people like Liddell earn around $300-$400K for a fight now.

·
Registered
85 Posts
like dana white said on mma weekly news radio

"do you want people to know how much you make? if they find out it can cause big problems in your life" then he went on to say "why cant the internet knuckleheads go home and worry about there own pay"

·
Registered
43 Posts
bullsh*t

The only reason Dana White said that is because he's a cheap bastard and doesn't want to admit how little he pays his guys.
Fighters like Royce Gracie get 400,000 dollars for a fighter after having not fought for the UFC in 11 years while the champion Matt Hughes only gets 55,000 dollars.
Main card fighters get about 10-300 k while undercard fighters get about 1k-5k. it's bullshit.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Chuck makes about a million to half a million. . . tito makes 200,000, Arlovski makes 90,000, and i think hughes makes about 70,000. . . Rick Franklin has the worst contract, he gets like 30,000. . . . the ultimate fighters that win get a 300,000 dollar contract for 3 years, and Forest Griffin's last pay check was about 19,000 against tito, the ultimate finaly fighters that loose get 10,000 and the winners get 10,000+10,000 for winning, the other Ultimate Fighters get paid about 2,000-10,000 depending on how good you are, like leben and swick will probably make close to 10,000, probably like 7,000. . . . Cotoure got paid i believe more the liddell every fight, like 1.5 million plus a if he wins, he gets another million, and Chuck is about the same way with his contract, but Rick Franklin has the worst long term contract, he just gets paid well because of sponsers like Xyience . . . .

·
Registered
85 Posts
Venom said:
The only reason Dana White said that is because he's a cheap bastard and doesn't want to admit how little he pays his guys.
Fighters like Royce Gracie get 400,000 dollars for a fighter after having not fought for the UFC in 11 years while the champion Matt Hughes only gets 55,000 dollars.
Main card fighters get about 10-300 k while undercard fighters get about 1k-5k. it's bullshit.
lol

and how do you know hes cheap? did you see these guys pay cheques?

and what differnce does it make if you know what a guy makes or not? your not the one getting paid to do it. do you really think these guys are dumb? they know roughly what the ufc takes in per show, do you really matt hughes (the champion) will go fight for 55000 dollars and travel the country for the ufc promoting it? give me a break

how much do pride fighters get? more or less? if it more than why are these guys over there? if its less than why arent there guys here in the ufc?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Pride always seem to be tryng to cut their costs by dishing out cards in an overly zealous manner.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Venom said:
:thumbsup:
Openers for the ppv's get about 2K for the fight and another 2k for a win.

Royce got over a million for the Hughes fight though. Tito's on about 250k a fight.

·
Registered
45 Posts
cooley said:
like dana white said on mma weekly news radio

"do you want people to know how much you make? if they find out it can cause big problems in your life" then he went on to say "why cant the internet knuckleheads go home and worry about there own pay"

Because with my pay I buy his product. I want to know if I'm support another exploitive organization that makes billions and pays their fighters hunedreds like boxing. If that's the case, I won't pay for their products- Just like boxing. It's unconscienable to think Ali or Marciano never saw the money a bum like Tyson saw. Or that washed up fighters have to fight when they can't even speak a sentence, just so they can afford a can of tuna fish.

Every major professional organization publishes the contracts of its principals: football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer and boxing. If Dana wants UFC to be included in this group, I'm sure he wouldn't want a different set of expectations and rules.

·
Registered
302 Posts
teampunishment.50web said:
Pride always seem to be tryng to cut their costs by dishing out cards in an overly zealous manner.
What are you talking about?

And to whoever said Chuck makes over half a million per fight, I don't know how much he gets from endorsements but the UFC only pays his 80k to show and I'm not sure on his win bonus.

·
Registered
16 Posts
ranger595 said:
Because with my pay I buy his product. I want to know if I'm support another exploitive organization that makes billions and pays their fighters hunedreds like boxing. If that's the case, I won't pay for their products- Just like boxing. It's unconscienable to think Ali or Marciano never saw the money a bum like Tyson saw. Or that washed up fighters have to fight when they can't even speak a sentence, just so they can afford a can of tuna fish.

Every major professional organization publishes the contracts of its principals: football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer and boxing. If Dana wants UFC to be included in this group, I'm sure he wouldn't want a different set of expectations and rules.
Good post. I totally agree.

If Dana wants legitimacy, he's gonna have to open the books.

The UFC is blowing up and this is just the beginning. The fighters are the heart and soul of this organization and their compensation should increase in accordance with overall growth.

·
Registered
43 Posts
cooley said:
lol

and how do you know hes cheap? did you see these guys pay cheques?

and what differnce does it make if you know what a guy makes or not? your not the one getting paid to do it. do you really think these guys are dumb? they know roughly what the ufc takes in per show, do you really matt hughes (the champion) will go fight for 55000 dollars and travel the country for the ufc promoting it? give me a break

how much do pride fighters get? more or less? if it more than why are these guys over there? if its less than why arent there guys here in the ufc?
I dont have to give you a break, you can wake up and realize the truth, you dumbshit. Dana white pays these guys shit. i know the pays, i've seen them on sites, not forums, exactly from the nevada state athletic comission. Fighters don't care that much because they're just going out there to fight. Smart fighters don't like to put up with Dana White's crap. fore example ortiz didn't, frank shamrock didn't, he never came back, wanderlei had trouble signing a contract, and many others.

·
Registered
76 Posts
samurice said:
What are you talking about?

And to whoever said Chuck makes over half a million per fight, I don't know how much he gets from endorsements but the UFC only pays his 80k to show and I'm not sure on his win bonus.

No he gets paid well over half a million. . . . to fight randy cotoure the second and third time, he got paid between 1-2 million dollars

·
Registered
302 Posts
Uh, no. He got 70k to show for Couture II, and I don't remember his contract expiring before for Couture III so the chances of him getting more than 80k for that fight (minus win bonus) is higly unlikely. Like I said earlier though, I don't know how much he gets from sponsors, but his UFC paycheck itself isn't more than 80k (plus win bonus and championship bonus, even then it's nowhere near half a million).

http://www.subfighter.com/article1441.html

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
samurice said:
Uh, no. He got 70k to show for Couture II, and I don't remember his contract expiring before for Couture III so the chances of him getting more than 80k for that fight (minus win bonus) is higly unlikely. Like I said earlier though, I don't know how much he gets from sponsors, but his UFC paycheck itself isn't more than 80k (plus win bonus and championship bonus, even then it's nowhere near half a million).

http://www.subfighter.com/article1441.html
whats wrong with 80 K for a half hours worth of work max doing something you enjoy win or lose???? Damn I'd step into the ring with Fedor for that price.. Can I say Debt free with money left over????

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
The Don said:
whats wrong with 80 K for a half hours worth of work max doing something you enjoy win or lose???? Damn I'd step into the ring with Fedor for that price.. Can I say Debt free with money left over????
I'm with you, 80K is good enough for me to fight anybody even Fedor. That's enough for the medical bill and money left over to be set for a couple of years.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Kameleon said:
I'm with you, 80K is good enough for me to fight anybody even Fedor. That's enough for the medical bill and money left over to be set for a couple of years.
exactly. I'd sign a 3 fight deal and fight whoever they wanted for 80K per fight. They just have to give me 6 months of training with like Hugews and the boys there so I don't get killed.. mained is ok for that kind of money

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
Big_Badi_Rabadi said:
No he gets paid well over half a million. . . . to fight randy cotoure the second and third time, he got paid between 1-2 million dollars
No he got 150,000 and 150,000 for wining. While Randy got 200,000.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts