Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much Protein Shakes, a day is enough? Like one or two..
Because i ussually drink around two per day, Would you say that is too much?

·
Registered
34 Posts
if u eat a balanced diet than zero (0) is enough.
protein shakes are a supplement so ur better of eating plenty of chicken & fish. make sure u have a bit of protein in every meal.

However, their is nothing wrong with protein shakes, to get maximum benifit
do this:

1. weigh yourself, the maximun amount of protein u can absorb in a day is:- 2g for every 1kg of body mass (so if u weigh 50kg u can have 100g)

2. read the label, to find out how much protein is in 1 shake, and decide according to no.1

3. drink the shakes throughout the day (perhaps 1/2 a shake 2 or 4 times a day) because as well as a daily limit to protein absorbtion, u can only absorb 15g to 20g in a sitting. any more than that and ur just gonna pee it out!

4. the best time to take in protein is straight after ur workout (i'm gonna assume u lift weights, cos if u dont i wouldnt bother at all!) to make sure ur body has something to burn so it dosnt attack ur muscle.

5. go for a shake that has carbs as well as protein, the carbs act as a buffer so ur body will burn them instead of ur valuble muscle building protein.

6. make sure it tastes good theres no point torturing urself!

i hope that helps

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
yea and make sure its just a protien shake and not a meal replacement shake or you'll be brining in ALOT more calories then you realize though meal replacement shakes are great if you do not have time to eat properly...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts