Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im curious cuz alot of people in this forum are from canada...do people follow it closely, im from boston and people follow it , not to the extent that we all do,cuz my friends mostly just know tito shamrock and chuck..i was just wondering if it is real big there

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Very popular here in the west coast, everywhere I see someone wearing a UFC shirt, no PRIDE FC shirts but a lot of UFC shirts. I heard in Ontario its a big success. Here in the west coast its popular, more than WWE now.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'm from Ontario and there's always a lot of talk a few days leading up to and after the most recent UFC PPV around at my gym (regular fitness gym) or where ever. MMA, mostly UFC ofcourse, has really expoleded here. Though I assume it has everywhere.

·
Registered
509 Posts
As I stated in my thread in the lounge (which no one posted in lol) Team Topmkins is here so we must be prety damn into it! :D

Every bar in town I know usually plays the PPV's

·
Registered
112 Posts
So popular that i will be a VIP at the King of the Cage event tonight...My best friend father is the promoter....Can't wait....I love being around the action..Rich "Ace" Franklin and Bas Rutten will be there once again..Rich is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
gaining popularity and is now very popular in western canada (alberta b.c.) I live in a small rural town in alberta and it is always on in bars. our small town even has a small mma gym..

·
Zombie Cage Fighter
949 Posts
I'm sure it's still illegal in Ontario to have mma fights, but I live close to Quebec and they seem to be advertising shows in the local paper all the time and that's just in the Gatineau area. At work a lot of the young guys follow mma and talk about it, but it's still unknown of by a lot of ppl.

·
DP's Queen
1,268 Posts
Right now, in Montreal, it's getting really big. I remember there was only one person outside of my family that followed MMA, but now at least everybody knows about it, if they don't follow it. I have friends that take classes. What kinda pisses me off is that the local news don't talk about it. GSP is from Montreal and they didn't mention when he won or lost.

·
Banned
3,238 Posts
So far in Sask and Alberta it isnt that big as far as artists go, there are the guys who are into UFC through the show, there are the die hards and there are the guys who think they're MMA'ists because they'll scrap you out at the bar. :dunno:

·
Still Have My Pride
1,337 Posts
its big
i have made my friends watch some pay per view events
and they seem to like it

i dont see alot of ufc shirts and no pride shirt
also theres mma on every day on tv here so someone must be watching

·
Banned
9,733 Posts
well, judging from the Canadians on this Board, it seems as though we realllllly know our shit, but unfortunetly i cant find one god damn MMA educated or pumped fan to watch a damn PPV with, so far iv only found one, and hes the dude who got me into MMA.

anyone that knows MMA obviously knows UFC, but the true hardcore fans up north know alot about PRIDE.

reps to them

·
Registered
2 Posts
Toxie said:
Right now, in Montreal, it's getting really big. I remember there was only one person outside of my family that followed MMA, but now at least everybody knows about it, if they don't follow it. I have friends that take classes. What kinda pisses me off is that the local news don't talk about it. GSP is from Montreal and they didn't mention when he won or lost.
That’s so true wtf. It was the perfect opportunity to really get some exposure here to the masses. Also I’d like to add that BTT Canada is here in Montreal

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.