Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read on MMA Weekly that Josh Barnett wants to fight Fedor. The article said that Fedor also wanted Josh to be his next fight. This could be a good matchup for Fedor but I can't see this one going the distance if it happened. Fedor by submission.

·
The Samurai Files
559 Posts
Fedor by decision. I don't see Fedor submitting Barnett unless it's due to strikes like in Cro Cop/Barnett III. But even then it was due to a finger in the eye. Fedor is a monster and would beat Barnett soundly IMO. But, Barnett is very tough to be submitted. I think this fight would go similar to the Fedor/Nog fights.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Grabaka said:
Fedor by decision. I don't see Fedor submitting Barnett unless it's due to strikes like in Cro Cop/Barnett III. But even then it was due to a finger in the eye. Fedor is a monster and would beat Barnett soundly IMO. But, Barnett is very tough to be submitted. I think this fight would go similar to the Fedor/Nog fights.
agreed, im thinking fedor by either decision or tko..i think barnett will hang in there with him pretty well. i still want to see hunt and fedor.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Hunt would get smashed by Fedor. Fedor's submissions are as good as Barnett's and we saw what happened when Hunt fought Barnett.

I think that Barnett has the best chance of anyone out there, but he's never fought Fedor. I'm a huge Barnett fan, so I'd love to think that he has a chance, but it's not a very good one. I'd give it to Fedor by TKO.

The great thing about this fight is that standing or on the ground there is a chance the fight can go both ways.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
i like his chances

unlike most of Fedors opponents Josh is a good wrestler and great submossions...and dude can take a beating and keep ticking...but no one can Touch Fedor right now ...Fedor wins by Decision or Ko

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I think Barnett matches up really bad with Fedor. I guess everyone does but Barnett especially.Anywhere this fight goes Fedor has the advantage. Fedor can do everything Josh can do but better.

·
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
2,458 Posts
shenku68 said:
I just read on MMA Weekly that Josh Barnett wants to fight Fedor. The article said that Fedor also wanted Josh to be his next fight. This could be a good matchup for Fedor but I can't see this one going the distance if it happened. Fedor by submission.
i dont think josh would really stand a chance

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
liveson777 said:
unlike most of Fedors opponents Josh is a good wrestler and great submossions...and dude can take a beating and keep ticking...but no one can Touch Fedor right now ...Fedor wins by Decision or Ko
a decision loss to fedor would be cause to take notice, i'd say. i mean, i'm not keen on the list of Fedor's wins, but how man of his wins are by decision??? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
I think that Barnett would be a good challenge to Fedor. It would probably be just like the Fedor/Nog battles with Barnett getting beat on for 3 rounds while he tries to wrestle and submit Fedor. It is a fight that I would love to see. Barnett stands a better chance than anybody, imo, because of the amount of punishment that he can take.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
yea

pt447 said:
a decision loss to fedor would be cause to take notice, i'd say. i mean, i'm not keen on the list of Fedor's wins, but how man of his wins are by decision??? :dunno:

he reason i say that is hes a good wrestler...i dont think hes gonna try to throw with Fedor so his defense mode kicks in...i mean look at the Cro Cop fight

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'm not sure Josh Barnett would be able to take Fedor Emelianenko down alot, and also keep him down. Fedor would get right back up and throw the big punches at Barnett. I could see Fedor winning by either a Decision or a last round submission.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.