Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys thing Lombard would have success in the ufc or is he just another fighter who is having success beating up scrubs outside the ufc? Although he is an accomplish fighter he does seem to have tons of potential. He just has not fought A list competitors as of lately.

·
The Mad Titan
5,111 Posts
he could do great the guy is pretty beasty and his only loses are to gegard and akihiro gono he just swarmed gono at the start like a ******* mad man and gassed himself out.

he was gonna fight in the ufc against karo but couldn't get a visa, i say he will be in the UFC sometime next year

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
There aren't many outside the UFC i really wanna see get signed but Lombard is one. Guy's fights are really entertaining, and he would have some wars in the UFC MW division.

I think him Shane Del Rosario, Eddie Alvarez and Mamed Khalidov should be on the UFC's shopping list! All would make great additions to the UFC!

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
Lombard is a big dude. Strong, very athletic, good skills.
He is a fighter that needs to be in the UFC.
A lot of good match-ups are possible with lombard in the UFC.
I could see him being a contender in the UFC, a TOP 10 definitely, maybe TOP 6.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Dude is a beast, but could definitely use a step up in competition.

One thing that might pose problems versus lengthy strikers is his height/reach. He's 5'9" -- he's built like a tank though -- he's like a striking version of Paul Harris :)

Hope to see him in the UFC...

·
You're not terribly important to me
15,563 Posts
Hector Lombard UFC

do you think he would make it in the UFC? he has a 26-2-1 record, he recently beat jay silva in 6 seconds, his losses were both by decision one of which was to Gegard Mousasi, he i s part of america top team and he has black belts in judo and BJJ.
he is also 3-0 in muay thai and has competed with the cuba national olympic team(not sure if he still is)

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
The middleweight division is arguably the weakest division in the UFC right now, but adding Lombard would definitely shake things up. This guy is a monster and I have just been waiting for the UFC to sign him. He would make huge waves in the UFC MW division.

·
15,563 Posts
The middleweight division is arguably the weakest division in the UFC right now, but adding Lombard would definitely shake things up. This guy is a monster and I have just been waiting for the UFC to sign him. He would make huge waves in the UFC MW division.
silva vs lombard would be a fresh breathe of air

·
Registered
816 Posts
why is this man not signed!

·
Banned
820 Posts
I have been wanting him in the UFC for awhile now. He has something like a 15 win streak, or something. With his last loss in 06(?). I am sure he is on Dana's list of fighter to sign in 2010.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
UFC should sign him! he is really good, well he has great potential but i think ppl are overrating him, i want to seem him against GOOD competition, but i dont think hes ready for top 5 guys yet, but at least give him some top 10 guys

silva would murder him right now, but yeah he does have a great chance at being champ one day

jones and him might be future animals, though his height is a problem....maybe he should drop to WW...he could even make LW...just stop trying to be hulk...

·
15,563 Posts
UFC should sign him! he is really good, well he has great potential but i think ppl are overrating him, i want to seem him against GOOD competition, but i dont think hes ready for top 5 guys yet, but at least give him some top 10 guys

silva would murder him right now, but yeah he does have a great chance at being champ one day

jones and him might be future animals, though his height is a problem....maybe he should drop to WW...he could even make LW...just stop trying to be hulk...
height means nothing, did you watch JDS vs Stefan Struve?

·
.:Jeet Kune Do:.
5,684 Posts
love watching his fights but he is too small for MW in UFC if he was able to cut to 170 and be a healthy cut he would def be a contender

1 - 20 of 97 Posts