Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight he looked like a beast and made Rogers looked like kimbo. Wondering how would he do against the top 5 Hw in the UFC? He is a great striker and with the added power he could do some damage. What is you you opinion on him?

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
I think he would do very well. The only thing is, the UFC's HW division is so stacked right now that I dont see anyone being able to hold the belt for a very long period of time, kinda like the LHW division. Im sure Overeem would get a chance to wear it though if he were in the UFC.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Rodgers looked terrified tonight. I don't even know if you can even categorize what happened as a take down; it looked like Rodgers just slipped. Overeem has the tools, certainly.

He has a little too much muscle though, it looks like he has zero flexibility. I think he would lose to a much quicker fighter. i think a smaller, mobile HW like Cain Velasquez can beat him (i.e., grind out a decision).

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rodgers looked terrified tonight. I don't even know if you can even categorize what happened as a take down; it looked like Rodgers just slipped. Overeem has the tools, certainly.

He has a little too much muscle though, it looks like he has zero flexibility. I think he would lose to a much quicker fighter. i think a smaller, mobile HW like Cain Velasquez can beat him (i.e., grind out a decision).
Aside from cain and Junior is the top dogs faster such as lesnar or carwin?

·
Registered
81 Posts
The Overeem of tonight would beat Brock hands down. There's just nobody with that size that has that much skill. K1-level striker with the ability to submit his opponents and I don't believe Brock would have a strength advantage either. He just tooled a 280lb Rogers like a ragdoll.

I almost want to see Overeem in the UFC more than Fedor now. Hopefully hes done with the whole K1 thing.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
At the very worst, i think Overeem would be the 6th best HW in the UFC behind Brock, Carwin, Cain, JDS, and Mir (in no particular order). At the very best, he would be UFC champion.

Most likely, i think that Overeem would definitely contend for the title and have a very good chance of winning it. I think the UFC's HW division has grown a lot recently and has numerous talented fighters but is a bit overrated by people on this forum IMO.
For instance, Lesnar's career isnt overwhelmingly impressive and he only has like 4 wins compared to Overeem's 33. Also, Carwin has looked somewhat lackluster standing up from a technical standpoint, and i think Overeem could outdo him in that department. As for Cain, while i wouldnt call him one-dimensional i would say that he obviously relies a lot more on his wrestling than anything else and considering Overeem's experience and strength advantage i think he could beat Cain if they kept it standing.
Basically, Overeem is an elite top 10 HW in the world without question and would be in title contention in the UFC.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Man I thought Overeeem could only ragdoll those K1 guys around but dammnn! I was shocked as to see how much strength this guy had in ragdolling a big HW in Rogers with ease. Man I kind of felt sorry for Rogers he literally got mauled by the Reem. I think with his K1 striking abilities he out strikes everone in the UFC HW division & out muscles everyone aside from Brock & Carwin, but let's be real here he's a decade ahead in experience & technically more sound than both those other big guys. If he comes to the UFC its OVER!(REEM)

·
Kneel Before Christ!
8,024 Posts
The Overeem of tonight would beat Brock hands down. There's just nobody with that size that has that much skill. K1-level striker with the ability to submit his opponents and I don't believe Brock would have a strength advantage either. He just tooled a 280lb Rogers like a ragdoll.

I almost want to see Overeem in the UFC more than Fedor now. Hopefully hes done with the whole K1 thing.
Go home. Overeem could take 10 shots of roids before the fight and Lesnar would still throw him across the room.

Overeem isn't that good, Rogers is just shit. No MMA background, just a tirechanger with some power who did better against a fighter who wasn't prepared for him(Fraudor

Overeem would be destroyed by nearly every top 5 fighter in the UFC. I'd only pick him over Nog.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Go home. Overeem could take 10 shots of roids before the fight and Lesnar would still throw him across the room.

Overeem isn't that good, Rogers is just shit. No MMA background, just a tirechanger with some power who did better against a fighter who wasn't prepared for him(Fraudor

Overeem would be destroyed by nearly every top 5 fighter in the UFC. I'd only pick him over Nog.
Get off of Brocks nuts, who has he beat? Randy Couture stuffed some of his takedowns and you think hes gonna throw Overeem.

:laugh:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Overeem would defintly do well in UFC. I wouldnt say he so much tossed rogers around like a ragdoll but he had him off balance and had the leverage. However, Rogers has never fought anyone as strong as Overeem and was obviously intimadated from the getgo. I hope Overeem will come to UFC cause I think he would cause major problems for any HW and that includes Fedor.

I also believe Rogers was WAYYYY overhyped by strikeforce they act like he had Fedor beat he never had fedor in any real trouble he hit him maybe 2 solid shots on his supposed ground and pound he landed on Fedor, still yet Overeem was very impressive tonight

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

See i agree to a certain point but I believe his experience over the past two years and the added muscle has transform him into a great fighter. See I can't knock Rogers, Overeem made him looked like an bum. But then again Rogers gave Fedor a fight and I'm not about to doubt fedor's greatness. Because he is an animal. But Overeem performance tonight and growth over the years has to count for something.

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts
Overeem probably wouldn't be able to put Brock on his back. Not only is Brock stronger, but his wrestling is miles ahead of both Overeem and Rogers. Just because Rogers is a big guy like Lesnar, it doesn't mean that Overeem would be able to rag doll Lesnar just as easily. That is completely laughable in my opinion. Although I'm not saying Overeem couldn't knock Brock out. It's just if he won, it's safe to say that it wouldn't be in the same way that he beat Rogers.

For the record, I'd pick Lesnar to win. That's just my opinion.

Reactions: suniis

·
Registered
468 Posts
I think he could do very well, this is a very different Overeem to the Pride version. I think his chin is slightly questionable, but HW's hit so hard nowadays that if anyone gets caught flush they're going down, so it kind of levels the playing field a little. I'd also be interested to see if he could keep up the intensity over a full 5 rounds at his new mammoth size. Apart from those little niggling doubts, I think he looks awesome. I for one would love to see him in the UFC.

·
Kneel Before Christ!
8,024 Posts
Get off of Brocks nuts, who has he beat? Randy Couture stuffed some of his takedowns and you think hes gonna throw Overeem.

:laugh:
Frank Mir could beat all of Overeem's wins in one night.

As could Couture...

Not like Paul Buentello's going to be much of a threat..

Also, Randy Couture = Greco-Roman olympic wrestler

Overeem = trains wrestling

Of course there's no difference.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Frank Mir could beat all of Overeem's wins in one night.

As could Couture...

Not like Paul Buentello's going to be much of a threat..

Also, Randy Couture = Greco-Roman olympic wrestler

Overeem = trains wrestling

Of course there's no difference.
Overeem = way bigger and stronger than Couture, and is two decades younger.

Of course there's no difference

1 - 20 of 121 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.