Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is how I would explain it.

Same thing happened to Tito Ortiz back when he had ppl telling him he should've been better treated and paid than what they UFC offered him.

Same thing happened with Cyborg when her crooked management edited video clips of Dana White to make it appear as if he was saying things he never said.

Its happening to many in MMA right now.

·
The Title Guy
16,994 Posts
Speaking of Tito and Cyborg, is she still under Tito's management? Cause that would mean that Tito was manipulating things. Also of note is that both Tito and Cyborg seem to be in the right place right now but Jones might be getting that same manipulation you mentioned.

·
Premium Member
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think Cyborg left Tito's management more than 5 years ago.

I give up trying to figure out what's going on here. The only thing that comes to mind is Andre Ward having a $1 million dollar salary in boxing for a long time. Andre Ward is a big name in boxing and he was only making less than 20% of what Jon Jones made in the UFC.

Conor makes more $$ in the UFC than most big name boxers do in boxing. People still claim boxers are better paid, which makes you wonder where people get their info from.

·
The Title Guy
16,994 Posts
That's probably because they look at Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao, Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury and that the top dogs in boxing all get that kind of money. The problem is they're the exceptions to the rule, partially having to do with management. For example of course the owner of Mayweather promotions is going to get money.

·
Premium Member
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as I know. Conor makes more $$$ than all of those names you mentioned fighting in the UFC.

Floyd is the only name in boxing that makes more $$ than Conor.

·
Premium Member
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yes.

BTW if anyone wants a different angle to this.

Does everyone know about mauna kea protestors in hawaii trying to prevent 10 meter telescope from being built. Those protestors, who are hawaii's version of #BlackLivesMatter, invited Max Holloway to protest with them. Max never showed up as far as I know.

Max is suing his former management for spiking his food with some drug or something which caused him to develop those "concussion like symptoms" he showed when he stepped in to fight Khabib on short notice.

Max having issues with his management and not following the official narrative in terms of lending support to mauna kea protestors could be 100% related. If anything weird happens to Max Holloway in the future, it could be because he refused to follow the same pro #BLM obligations most athletes and celebrities are forced to support.

·
The Title Guy
16,994 Posts
Yeah but remember that most MMA fighters are unique in that they don't follow that narrative due to the nature of MMA being more from a conservative viewpoint. I don't even hear that much gay pride stuff coming from Amanda Nunes and you'd think she'd be pushing that narrative. But no she's just planning on raising a baby with Nina Ansaroff.

·
Premium Member
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I see many in MMA following narratives. You're right that they tend to be more independent, well rounded and rugged. They don't always have access to the best or most accurate sources of information though.

·
Premium Member
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

In case anyone still doesn't understand what antifa and blacklivesmatter are doing. ^

Now you know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts