Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would you guys feel if a fighter used their own personal submission move every single fight? What if Mike Swick won the rest of his fights for the rest of his career with the Swickatine every time? I know there are a lot of fighters who have their own moves but haven't had a chance to use them in the ring yet. Would this be a fighter that you would like or dislike?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Theoratically it would be a little WWE, you know what I mean?, and a little boring in a way but kind of fun to watch in a way. Realistically, other fighters would get wise to the move and eventually kick ass on the fighter.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Keithpas said:
Theoratically it would be a little WWE, you know what I mean?, and a little boring in a way but kind of fun to watch in a way. Realistically, other fighters would get wise to the move and eventually kick ass on the fighter.
i would be kinda cool.. but highly impractical as stated.. others would learn the move and avoid it..

·
Registered
669 Posts
Well, i think i'd have to give the guy mad props for being so dominate with one move lol, but i think it would be boring after a while if thats all he tried to do.

I agree with the WWE comment, very true. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
it would make them predictable so i would have to say i might look down on them. now if its the case with matt hughes, where he does that whole strong arm pick the guy off the mat and smash him back down thing then i wouldnt say it makes him predictable becuase he is just doing what he know works to put his opponent where he wants them.

but any fighter that attemps a flashy type move or something they have dub'd their own and is trying to use it in or to win all of there fights, i say its LAME. and i would hope someone would exploite that flaw in their fighting.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira wins all of his fights by submission which is sort of the same thing you guys are discussing here. And Chuck Liddell mostly TKO or KOs his opponents in all of his wins too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts