Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am just supprised that they are going to throw both fights in the same month. Its going to be cool watching hughes fight twice. Does anyone know if they are going to ppv both?

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Im not a big fan of Hughes... he's boring to watch...
takedown, pass guard, then ground&pound...

BUT, I dont think GSP will win.

Granted, GSP has cardio...
but unlike Penn, GSP doesnt have the tools necessary to keep Matt off...

It will playout just like every frikin Hughes fight...
takedown attempt after attempt by hughes, until it pays off...
pass guard, then *yawn* ground and pound...

My heart really wants GSP to win (heh, being a canuck an all) but
my head says Hughes will (unfortunately) slowly but surely dismantle GSP :(

·
Registered
74 Posts
GSP is good.. has gotten better since they last fought.. not to take anything away from GSP (and fans alike) but i think (hopes) MH would still win..

if it goes to the ground, MH has the advantage and strength. he can GnP or submit GSP. if they chose to go at it stand up, GSP has a good chance of winning unless MH improves his stand up game...

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Mr. Bungle said:
I cant wait until GSP destroys Hughes and we get to hear the sniveling, whining and excuses of all the Hughes worshipers out there.

Much like the Franklin lovers are today :)
OMG I hope you are right.

I will celebrate in the streets if that was to happen... all by myself :D

·
Back In Black
4,185 Posts
thebroken said:
GSP is good.. has gotten better since they last fought.. not to take anything away from GSP (and fans alike) but i think (hopes) MH would still win..

if it goes to the ground, MH has the advantage and strength. he can GnP or submit GSP. if they chose to go at it stand up, GSP has a good chance of winning unless MH improves his stand up game...
I think that GSP might be one of the only fighters in the WW that Matt might not have the strength advantage. If he is stronger it's not by that much. You could see that in the GSP/Penn fight.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I'm hoping for Pierre to take the title from Hughes, it would set up a perfect contendership match between Hughes and Penn, and it would also kill two birds with one stone by having the rubber match. Not only that, but Pierre has earned his second title shot, without a doubt. The dude has been running people OVER, if there's anyone that can stop him it's Hughes. I'm very interested to seeing where this fight goes, if it goes the full five rounds, we could be looking at a potential fight of the year.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TheJame said:
I'm hoping for Pierre to take the title from Hughes, it would set up a perfect contendership match between Hughes and Penn, and it would also kill two birds with one stone by having the rubber match. Not only that, but Pierre has earned his second title shot, without a doubt. The dude has been running people OVER, if there's anyone that can stop him it's Hughes. I'm very interested to seeing where this fight goes, if it goes the full five rounds, we could be looking at a potential fight of the year.
I am a hughes fan, but I also am a GSP fan. I am really looking forward to the fight. I hope that GSP wins just to see a change of champions. Even though I know that Hughes will probably win.

·
Back In Black
4,185 Posts
mrbalkie said:
I am a hughes fan, but I also am a GSP fan. I am really looking forward to the fight. I hope that GSP wins just to see a change of champions. Even though I know that Hughes will probably win.
I don't see where you think it's so clear cut that Matt is going to beat GSP. GSP's stand up it tons better and you know that his spinning back kick is dangerous to Matt.

·
Registered
542 Posts
mrbalkie said:
I'd have to say, Balkie, that my pick to win is GSP. he was green last time, maybe a bit starstruck. The kid is a boy wonder though, a wiz, he's got the strength, heart and talent to take it to Matt. Bring on Diego!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.