Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
if he realyl did want to, why wouldn't he? Just because Silva beat Rich? I think that is a question not even needing to be asked. If Hughes wants to move up, he will, if he wants to stay where he is he will. If he doesn't move up, idiots will say it is because he is scared of Silva, even though everyone knows none of these fighters are scared to fight anyone

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ROCKBASS03 said:
if he realyl did want to, why wouldn't he? Just because Silva beat Rich? I think that is a question not even needing to be asked. If Hughes wants to move up, he will, if he wants to stay where he is he will. If he doesn't move up, idiots will say it is because he is scared of Silva, even though everyone knows none of these fighters are scared to fight anyone
i dont think matt is afraid of anyone. i think matt would fight a bull. all i know is he said he was going to fight silva if franklin lost. he sounded like the only reason he hadnt moved up was because rich was champ, and that if he lost he would fight silva. im just wondering if he really wants too or if he was just talking.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
YouTube - Matt Hughes vs Pelehere is matts loss against andersons old instructor

source-matt hughes official web site
Sunday, October 8, 2006
Tomorrow I'm going to New York, Chuck and I will be on ESPN. Fly back tomorrow night.
This week I'll spend Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday morning with my brother getting crops out and also trying to spend as much time with my family as I can.
Thursday night, my wife and I leave for Las Vegas for the UFC. I hope Rich wins, but if Anderson wins I would consider bumping up to 185 and fighting him.
I'll fly home Sunday. -Matt

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
Hughes took on everyone in his division. He's not afraid of anyone. Hughes would actually have a chance against Silva. I don't know how great Silva's TD defense is, and Hughes is a freight train.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damone said:
Hughes took on everyone in his division. He's not afraid of anyone. Hughes would actually have a chance against Silva. I don't know how great Silva's TD defense is, and Hughes is a freight train.
i agree, i actually think he has a better shot then rich.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Storm442 said:
Well, Stand-up punching *is* Matt's weakest area.
And apparently Anderson's strongest!

I'm a big Matt fan, but I'm not too sure about the outcome of this battle.

IF Hughes could get him down on the canvas then the story changes.. but can he do it without getting pummelled in the process?

Hmmm...

~Storm
thats what im saying, he wont try to stand with rich, and if matt was smart he would tuck his chin an work the leg kicks until he could get a good shot in, and take him down. anderson doesnt check leg kicks well.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
this is a weird match up, i think rich would beat matt, but i think matt can beat silva, i think matt could control silva, BUT IM NOT SURE CUZ SILVA BEAT CARLOS NEWTON TWICE AND HIM AND MATT HAVE SIMILAR STYLES

·
Registered
243 Posts
matt would win with easy 101 wrestling and ground and pound.everybody talks about the clinch(tai) give me a break single leg takedown

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
j.farrell said:
i dont think matt is afraid of anyone. i think matt would fight a bull. all i know is he said he was going to fight silva if franklin lost. he sounded like the only reason he hadnt moved up was because rich was champ, and that if he lost he would fight silva. im just wondering if he really wants too or if he was just talking.

Hughes won't move up, he's a sissy

·
Registered
243 Posts
over 25 fights on national tv.if he was o-25 he would not be a sissy.hughes is not the greatest by any means but he wont quit

·
Registered
808 Posts
j.farrell said:
all i know is he said he was going to fight silva if franklin lost. QUOTE]

I never heard him or read an interview where he said he was going to move up to fight silva. I only saw where he said he would consider it:dunno:

·
Registered
607 Posts
That fight will never ever happen and I'll tell you why, because Hughes would have absolutely no chance whatsoever against Silva.

Never in a million years could Hughes even dream of being good enough to beat him...I would bet my house, my car, my first born on it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
not so fast...hughes would get him down.a true wrestler doesn't even think of striking.striking for them is just a way of taking down their opponent..not so fast

·
Registered
122 Posts
Silva would beat Hughes not taking nothing away from Hughes but Silva made Franklin look like an amateur.

·
Registered
243 Posts
silva is not the second coming.sivla lost 4 fights in pride and i asure u hes a man and any man can be beaten.hughes would get him down.newton got him down 6 times .the difference is hughes would keep him there.

·
Registered
243 Posts
you might be right.you dont think anderson really exposes himself to the takedowns.especially hughes.hughes ain't that bad by the way.he'll bring it the entire fight thats for sure

1 - 20 of 44 Posts