Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When hughes beat trigg by rear naked he made fun of him and said that's elemantry hom do you get caught in that. BJ chocked him rear naked style. He said he was genetically superior to sherk. Sherk took it to him big time. Hughes makes fun of BJ's heritage and says hawaii is no way to train, it's not tough. Hugh's think his [email protected]# doesn't stink and i hope that's his downfall. I hate BJ but this will be the only fight i cheer for him.

·
Baddest Man Alive
671 Posts
I like that BJ seems more humble and down to earth. But Miletich Fighting Systems works and I really like how Matt wins. He is definitley the fighter I would most like to perform like in the cage, but not out of it.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
CTFlyingKnee said:
Trigg is garbage and deserved to be made fun of, he ut up a S#i+ performace against Hughes.....I wasnt Impressed what-so-ever

Which one didn't you think he looked impressive in? Just wondering cuz I thought he looked a little impressive a tiny bit in the 2nd one. Were you not impressed with either fight?

Matt Hughes is cocky I don't see how he has the tenacity to be so cocky towards BJ seeings how BJ beat the shit out of him in their last fight. That is overly cocky ConorM, he's so cocky he's even cocky about his losses. He needs to lose again his head is bigger than Emmanuel Yarborough right now. There's a lot of coc.k in this thread.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
yea hughes is wicked cocky , hes a hard ass, hes an idiot..i hate him..unfortunatley i think hes gonna win this time around..but i really hope bj takes this fight..

And i dont know why all u guys hate on trigg..trigg is a good fighter, and almost beat hughes twice...he did real well in both fights

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
jdun11 said:
yea hughes is wicked cocky , hes a hard ass, hes an idiot..i hate him..unfortunatley i think hes gonna win this time around..but i really hope bj takes this fight..

And i dont know why all u guys hate on trigg..trigg is a good fighter, and almost beat hughes twice...he did real well in both fights
He kicked Matt in the balls once Matt regaimed himself he finished the fight. But I agree that Hughes is cocky, but not too cocky.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ok if you were the best and most dominate welter weight in the world, you have to some extent be cocky and have the attitude that you are unbeatable ( that is the mind set of any fighter OR SHOULD BE!). What is your source on the amount of smack that he is talking. I for one can't see him doing that, some yes but to make fun of a fighter in a sense seems beneath him. Matt Hughes is a humble man IMO and i for one cant wait until he fights Bj I just wish i could see it, but ill be on a plane. I am not being nasty but i would like to know where the quotes that he is aying about these other fighters so i can see for my self. all iknow is at the end of the fight the announcement will be winnner due to tko and still WelterWeight Champion of the world Matt Huuuuughes! God Bless

·
Registered
168 Posts
i dont know why all these Matt hughes fans are soooo confident and KNOW that Hughes is going to own bj... bj has never been koed submitted or tkod his only losses are decisions and bj owned him completely in there first fight people say he underestimated him but thats just an excuse you can say that about anyones fights ... i say bj by first round submission or hughes in a decision

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
You Are a Clown said:
i dont know why all these Matt hughes fans are soooo confident and KNOW that Hughes is going to own bj... bj has never been koed submitted or tkod his only losses are decisions and bj owned him completely in there first fight people say he underestimated him but thats just an excuse you can say that about anyones fights ... i say bj by first round submission or hughes in a decision
Great points!

And LMAO @ Python for saying Hughes is humble. That's THE most ridiculous statement I've heard all week. OK, he got completely dominated by Penn the first time and he talks in his interviews as if it were the other way around. Hughes is just as cocky as Trigg in that aspect. He has no right to be cocky why the hell can't some of you see that? HE LOST AND HE STILL TALKS SHIT!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well you have to be a little cocky when fighting proffessionally like they do. One its for entertainment purposes and 2 its for self confidence. The more confidence you have the higher chance you have of winning. For example mohammad ali always said to everyone "i am the greatest" and he really believed it and that's why he always won. It's part of the game.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hughes did NOT insult BJ's heritage. He sd tht Hawaii is a nice place, to nice to train properly, and he didn't actually mean that as well. Anyone that knows where Hughes lives can understand that Hawaii is a vacation place to him and for a guy like me. I could not train in Hawaii, but I would love to go back to the beach and the scenery, over the top. Hughes is cocky about his strength, conditioning, and wrestling. He has also suggested his stand up is great but I have to see that before I will believe him, but he does train at Militech and they have nice standup. I also think Tuff tried to portray him as an arrogant a$$, but he generates a lot of love from his friends and trainers/training partners.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
Yea that's what I was thinking. He's a posterboy why would they make him out to be an arrogant prick. That's just his natural personality :laugh: Nah I'm just kidding he's not that bad, he can be cocky to whoever he wants except BJ and Hallman.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Would you prefer it if he was a nice, gentle, modest person all the time?

He should have some swagger to him the way he has dominated the welter weight division. Whether you like him or hate him, he is tough and has earned his spot. I hope to see some more power slams!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.