Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to start the long road of training. I have never had any formal training . I am in the army so I have a only so much time in the day to train. I was just wondering how long do you think is to long to wait to have your first fight. I am going to wait 3 years. I am training in BJJ. I don’t know if it makes any diff but I am being thought by 2 ex SF soldiers that where also instructors. So 3 years under that kind of training, I think will be plenty. I am also deploying in the up coming summer so I will have to work on just conditioning will over there . I am also looking for a Mui Tie kick boxing school ( but I am looking for other striking forms.) can any one recommend one ?? thanks

Any info that would help start me on this road would be grate

thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not being a fighter myself, the only advice I can offer you is to wait until you are ready, before you have your first fight..There is no set time to train, though 3 years sounds about right...You are in the army, so you obviously have a jump start on conditioning, you just need the skill..Give it your all, and when you build enough confidence to have your first fight, believe in yourself..Whatever happens, good luck..Keep me updated, through pm's or this topic..

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
BTW its Muy Thai kickboxing. You're going to want to train a number of other areas as well such as striking, wrestling, tons of cardio, etc. in addition to BJJ, muy thai and submissions. There's no substitute for having a lot of training partners to practice techniques on.

·
Registered
101 Posts
heh, It's Muay Thai :thumbsup: I took three 1/2 years of Muay Thai in Michigan before I joined the military, and I personally think it's one of the best routes for a beginning aspiring fighter.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Avid said:
heh, It's Muay Thai :thumbsup: I took three 1/2 years of Muay Thai in Michigan before I joined the military, and I personally think it's one of the best routes for a beginning aspiring fighter.
Muay thai is Great for conditioning. also it is a very effective striking form.

i would try to train some western Boxing for your stand up as well as some Eastern Martial arts so u can learn the best areas to strike for maximum effectiveness in a real fight.

but for martial arts i would recommend a hybrid martial art, because they tend to barrow from all of the worlds Martial arts and have blended them into an effective practical fighting form. i highly suggest you try and find a True Jun Fan/Jeet Kune Do school or academy. also dont be afraid to research some other Martial arts like Jui Jitsu and or grappling

you Must READ a book called TAO of Jeet Kune Do, by Bruce Lee

it will change the way you fight and train

1 - 5 of 5 Posts