Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok what gives? Dana White is all about the ufc and nothing else right? Tells fighters you better not hepl other orgs out and what nots. I could be wrong but didnt lw ufc fighter Josh Neer just lose to another organizations fighter in Eddy Alvarez? So is it ok for Josh neer to fight else where and no one else. Could someone please clear this up for me.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Josh Neer is on the UFC roster on UFC.com but wikipedia says he was released a while ago. So he probably isn't in the UFC and they just haven't took him off the website for some reason.

But I think there has been at least one fighter to be under contract with the UFC and still fought else where. Can't remember who it was but the UFC said they saw potential in him but that he needed more experience so he went and fought a few fights out of the UFC and then came back while still under his old contract.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Josh Neer is on the UFC roster on UFC.com but wikipedia says he was released a while ago. So he probably isn't in the UFC and they just haven't took him off the website for some reason.

But I think there has been at least one fighter to be under contract with the UFC and still fought else where. Can't remember who it was but the UFC said they saw potential in him but that he needed more experience so he went and fought a few fights out of the UFC and then came back while still under his old contract.
That was Houston Alexander.

·
Banned
820 Posts
Its not so far fetched. They did it with Housten ALexander, and they did it with Cro Cop to an extent.

·
To the death George
2,306 Posts
There is or was a guy in the UFC who was allowed to fight for his local promotion, but i cant remember who it was. Anyone know?

Edit: was it not Cote? i think he was allowed to fight Jason Day on a TKO fight card.

·
Banned
820 Posts
There is or was a guy in the UFC who was allowed to fight for his local promotion, but i cant remember who it was. Anyone know?

Edit: was it not Cote? i think he was allowed to fight Jason Day on a TKO fight card.
Yea, I went to fight finder, and he fought at tko 29 between UFC 67 and 74.

·
KO artist
5,552 Posts
They do it with fighters that get smashed in the UFC. It's not "helping out" another org if you send them your rejects ... they'll get those guys anyway.

In fact it'll help the UFC if they manage to string together a few wins outside and then the moment they have some winning shine again, they're back in the UFC.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
That was Houston Alexander.
You know thats who I thought it was but when I looked him up on wikipedia it showed that he fought else where once before fighting Kimbo. I thought the one that had fought else where had fought a few times and that it had been a while ago. Guess I should of read the wiki though since it says right on there that he had fought some where else while still with the UFC.

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
It was Chris Lytle. He asked permission to fight one match for a local Indiana MMA event and I think the money went to charity or something like that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.