Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally... the person who's responsible for Silva's "new stand-up style" in the Maia fight!

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=395620359024&ref=mf

Yep, he's been training with Junior Dos Santos too much.

But seriously though, I can't believe the disrespect Silva showed to Maia. And take this into account:

Maia is close with the Nogs and Cigano, the Nogs mentored Silva and JDS is his primary standup sparring partner... nobody has mentioned how close Maia is to Blackhouse and it blows my mind that Silva could act in such a way.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Shopped pic is shopped. I can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my time.

Also, notice Maia's pants are on backwards, and Big Nog has a gun sticking out of his pocket.

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just because a fighter has come to one of your friends gym doesnt mean you have to like him and respect what he does or says.
Maia is actually very close to the Nogs and Silva is also extremely close. And they're all Brazilians. It just makes it even more confusing that Silva would trashtalk Maia so badly.

Shopped pic is shopped. I can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my time.

Also, notice Maia's pants are on backwards, and Big Nog has a gun sticking out of his pocket.
lol didnt even look at it seriously, just took a quick look at the faces. good catch.

Lol guys, what a cute bandwagon. The pic is real.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
anderson became jealous of the new found camaraderie between Maia, the Nogeuiras and Dos Santos. Anderson felt ignored and left out from the group, and he took his agression out on Maia the other night. Needless to say, Anderson won't be invited to any BBQ's anytime soon.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
I knew Maia was close to blackhouse and Silva's training camp so I was kind of surprised they even fought in the first place with his "I won't fight lyoto or either Nogueria" crap. Imagine the disbelief on my face when he started acting like an asshat during the fight.
When did he say he wouldn't fight lil nog? Being in and around each other training doesn't mean you like the guy. There is a difference in fighting someone who is in your weight division as a champion who happens to train with your camp and moving up in weight when you already hold a title to take your friend and training partners belt also. Like Andy said the MW title is his and the LHW title is Lyoto's. He doesn't need his pals belt he already has one.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
JDS has some sneaky dance moves but he needs to up the tempo a bunch to make it look cooler. :D

Also I agree the fact that Silva even took the fight surprised me as they share bunch of training partners. I like the idea of JDS improving his jitsu by training with Maia and other way around with Maia's striking. Even though Nog brothers got pretty solid jitsu game its very simple and predictable (but effective) compared to Maia's more complete game. Also JDS has VERY solid kickboxing so no wonder Maia's striking has improved so much too. :)

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
just because a fighter has come to one of your friends gym doesnt mean you have to like him and respect what he does or says.
Silva won't fight Lyoto because they are from the same gym.......he may not have to like him, but he does have to respect him, even if he wasn't from the same gym.

·
Sleepy
2,153 Posts

Real or not I frikking LOL'd at the "gun."

After a second look it looks real to me but after you pointed that out I was like "Damn Nog's strapped".

·
Premium Member
12,900 Posts
I'm just curious as to what Lyoto, JDS, Nog bros, and what Greg Jackson has to say. The latter because he thinks outside of the box. Sometimes one can't take things at face value.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
I'm just curious as to what Lyoto, JDS, Nog bros, and what Greg Jackson has to say. The latter because he thinks outside of the box. Sometimes one can't take things at face value.
Greg Jackson basically masturbates every night thinking about Andy. His whole deal is gameplans and Andy is the MMA enigma that gets his juices flowing. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
12,900 Posts
Greg Jackson basically masturbates every night thinking about Andy. His whole deal is gameplans and Andy is the MMA enigma that gets his juices flowing. :thumbsup:
Lolz...that's a twisted way of putting it. What is the world coming to when there's this much scrutiny on someone winning a fight.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts