Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking on cbssports.com and noticed that they are still giving the upcoming UFC events a lot of coverage. This seems weird to me because i was under the impression that they had some kind of partnership with Strikeforce (they did just air there event last weekend) and Strikeforce is attempting to be in competition with the UFC. Thoughts?

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
I think CBS is just not being Nazi's like Dana. Yea it's probably not the best idea for Dana to advertise for Strikeforce, but on the flipside CBS is not gonna hurt at all from promoting UFC. I think CBS is just trying to promo some MMA in general, and UFC is the most well known org. If they promo MMA events, it might get them more viewers for when THEY air their own MMA events like Strikeforce. Most casual fans don't know the difference between organizations, as most casual fans don't even know the difference between UFC and MMA. They see two guys fighting in a cage and it's automatically UFC. If they show UFC promos it just tells the viewer that MMA is becoming very popular and maybe they will tune in and see what all the fuss is when the next CBS event is on.

Also, I am not so sure that Strikeforce is in as much competition with the UFC as vice versa. UFC is kinda notorious for making themselves seem like the ONLY organization out there. Whereas Strikeforce seems to respect UFC and what they are doing for the sport, it's just that they don't agree with the way they handle contracts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts