Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
:|.Pie.|:
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching it last night and it make UFC look boring as hell. They have some fighting styles that great to watch. I was wachting a fight and i couldnt take my eyes off of it. Its freaking crazy. GO PRIDE

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
Adora said:
I was watching it last night and it make UFC look boring as hell. They have some fighting styles that great to watch. I was wachting a fight and i couldnt take my eyes off of it. Its freaking crazy. GO PRIDE
So So true. The fighting calibur is just through the roof in Pride.

·
Banned
495 Posts
Weird to see you back Adora
But They are pretty close but alot of PRIDE fights are better.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The pride rules are a next to perfect for MMA. I like the absece of a cage, they allow foot and knee strikes to downed opponents, yellowcard system. I have yet to see a boring pride fight. I see crappy ufc fights too often. Pride kicks butt.

·
Registered
178 Posts
The cards are annoying imo, they seem to be given out sometimes just to save some money. The ring also bothers me somewhat but I am used to it now. I'd agree that the overall standard as a whole is probably more balanced, but the UFC has more surprises. They are very different and each have their niche. Also people will become MMA snobs and choose Pride over the more commercial UFC because they think it's cooler. That's young fans for you :) But I love them both - Pride gets special kudos for Nogueira, Barnett and the crazy announcer woman.

·
Registered
44 Posts
teampunishment.50web said:
the crazy announcer woman.
:laugh: :thumbsup:

·
Banned
110 Posts
That announcer is crazy I have a DVD of PRIDE 25 Body Blow and Fedor was walking in his entrance then she is such a terrible announcer she is like "Emeliannnnnnnnnnnennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnkooooooooooooooooooo" in a psycho voice like a devil. She's crazy. I would rather have Buffer announcing my match than her.

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
Confrontation said:
That announcer is crazy I have a DVD of PRIDE 25 Body Blow and Fedor was walking in his entrance then she is such a terrible announcer she is like "Emeliannnnnnnnnnnennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnkooooooooooooooooooo" in a psycho voice like a devil. She's crazy. I would rather have Buffer announcing my match than her.
I would rather have Buffer also. That chick gets to hysterical, it's funny.

·
Registered
302 Posts
When I first started watching Pride she kind of annoyed me too. But I've gotten use to her and for some reason I started to like her craziness. Some of her entrances are definitely better than other times, I like her originality. Her > Buffer, Buffer is just too normal for me.

·
Outta My Head
1,220 Posts
Lenny Hart rocks... However, if they ever start bringing in Michael Buffer to announce Main Events in any MMA event, you will know that MMA is definitely stepping into the limelight and knocking on Boxing's door.

The only thing that would be missing would be Lampley and Lederman at that point.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts