Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only thing i got going for me is im picking up pretty quickly on training in my jiu jitsu class. I try to go twice a week.

other than that im a flabby mess. My endurance is horrible. My diet is probably nowhere where it should be.
im almost 250lbs right now id like to be get down to at least 200 but also build a body right for mma.

I would love to know what you guys have done and know works in regrard to working out, diet, and supplements.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I do not know what sort of eating style you have so....

I will give you a shot at what I was like 4 months ago.

I literally cut out any sort of junk-food for an entire month. This includes any candy bar, Cheetos, chips/dip, any little Debbie snacks or similar, and any sort of ice-cream.

I am guessing since you live in California you have access to some fairly good health markets, I would suggest not necessarily going to a supplement store right in the beggining.

If you have a grocery store you frequent that has a health-market/section see if there is a registered dietitian that can help you calculate your calorie intake. This person should be able to help you figure out a personal plan to cut the 50 or so pounds you want.

There is a simple way to start cutting your gut I have found, I can't say how large of a gut you have but I am guessing it is not ideal in your eyes would I be right?

If that answer is yes, then go buy 2 40-pound bags of water-softener salt. Start doing 40-pound crunches, do at least 200-400 on your heavy days. Work your way up to 80-pound crunches.

Say you do 40 pounds for the 1st week bump it to 80 the 2nd week of intense training.

Also do leg-lift crunches, buy yourself 5 or 10 pound ankle weights and lift both legs about 2-6 inches off the ground and do crunches.

You should also work on elevated regular push-ups, they will cut your chest and work on the core area at the same time.

http://www.mmaforum.com/training-logs/77699-lugers-training-program-2.html#post1207325

Take a look here, I know I haven't been training a whole lot but this is what I have done at least.

You should be able to cut at least 4-inches off your ab-core in 60-days if you put in at least 4-5 hours mon-friday.

For me I do a monday&tuesday heavy day with sat/sun as my rest-days.

I hope this helps man.

By the way how tall are you, what is your % of body-fat?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I do not know what sort of eating style you have so....

I will give you a shot at what I was like 4 months ago.

I literally cut out any sort of junk-food for an entire month. This includes any candy bar, Cheetos, chips/dip, any little Debbie snacks or similar, and any sort of ice-cream.

I am guessing since you live in California you have access to some fairly good health markets, I would suggest not necessarily going to a supplement store right in the beggining.

If you have a grocery store you frequent that has a health-market/section see if there is a registered dietitian that can help you calculate your calorie intake. This person should be able to help you figure out a personal plan to cut the 50 or so pounds you want.

There is a simple way to start cutting your gut I have found, I can't say how large of a gut you have but I am guessing it is not ideal in your eyes would I be right?

If that answer is yes, then go buy 2 40-pound bags of water-softener salt. Start doing 40-pound crunches, do at least 200-400 on your heavy days. Work your way up to 80-pound crunches.

Say you do 40 pounds for the 1st week bump it to 80 the 2nd week of intense training.

Also do leg-lift crunches, buy yourself 5 or 10 pound ankle weights and lift both legs about 2-6 inches off the ground and do crunches.

You should also work on elevated regular push-ups, they will cut your chest and work on the core area at the same time.

http://www.mmaforum.com/training-logs/77699-lugers-training-program-2.html#post1207325

Take a look here, I know I haven't been training a whole lot but this is what I have done at least.

You should be able to cut at least 4-inches off your ab-core in 60-days if you put in at least 4-5 hours mon-friday.

For me I do a monday&tuesday heavy day with sat/sun as my rest-days.

I hope this helps man.

By the way how tall are you, what is your % of body-fat?
Lol what the hell are you talking about? Doing crunches will in no way help trim body fat. If you want to get it in shape then start dieting, doing cardio (preferably jogging), and start going to the gym. It's as simple as that. But whatever you do, don't listen to retards like the one above me.

·
Registered
418 Posts
You obviously know very little about courtesy Brettmk,

If crunches do nothing then I am a bald faced liar.

On some points you are correct, a retard I am not....

You will need cardio this is correct.

If you are wanting definition in the abdomen core you will need to work on it specifically there is nothing around this fact.

And Brett, take some advice from a cross-country runner who knows a thing about cardio!

I have knowledge in working out...I can attest through 1st hand experience.

I started my overall body workouts back in January of this year. It took 60-days to trim off 4-6 inches off the abdomen core.

To be brutally honest it isn't as easy going on a diet, gym and jogging...

You have to know what you want out of yourself first off. Do you want power in the core for one do you want to be slim?

There are ways of cutting and I have been talking with my dietitian at work.

Basically you are wrong again Brett, Crunches will cut the fat. For example you don't necessarily cut the fat in the general area you work, if the logic of doing crunches cuts fat in the abs then why is my face a bit more taught now?.

It is all in the perception of what you want.

Now as to how I cut fat by crunching:
1. I went for 4-weeks without any sort of junk-food
2. I bought a 40-pound bag of salt and placed it upon my chest and did crunches. On any given day I did at least 500-800 of these weighted crunches.
3. Do elevated-push-ups these will work both your chest and core at the same time. (This is no joke, the 1st time I did this was on a Friday and come Sunday morning it hurt to draw breath for singing.
4. If not under diet, you should look into some sort of green-tea pill that will help speed up your metabolism.
5. If you are not liberal in the amount of time you spend it will take longer. For me I spend at a bare-minimum of 3 hours of overall body-work/daily.

And to be brutally honest once again you are wrong that crunches can't trim body fat, I had not started my cardio workouts up until 1-week ago.

I have cut off up to 6-inches of gut from the abdomen and I started at 173.5 pounds and I am now sitting at 164.2 pounds. I do not understand how you can tell me that is not legit!

·
Registered
15 Posts
You obviously know very little about courtesy Brettmk,

If crunches do nothing then I am a bald faced liar.

On some points you are correct, a retard I am not....

You will need cardio this is correct.

If you are wanting definition in the abdomen core you will need to work on it specifically there is nothing around this fact.

And Brett, take some advice from a cross-country runner who knows a thing about cardio!

I have knowledge in working out...I can attest through 1st hand experience.

I started my overall body workouts back in January of this year. It took 60-days to trim off 4-6 inches off the abdomen core.

To be brutally honest it isn't as easy going on a diet, gym and jogging...

You have to know what you want out of yourself first off. Do you want power in the core for one do you want to be slim?

There are ways of cutting and I have been talking with my dietitian at work.

Basically you are wrong again Brett, Crunches will cut the fat. For example you don't necessarily cut the fat in the general area you work, if the logic of doing crunches cuts fat in the abs then why is my face a bit more taught now?.

It is all in the perception of what you want.

Now as to how I cut fat by crunching:
1. I went for 4-weeks without any sort of junk-food
2. I bought a 40-pound bag of salt and placed it upon my chest and did crunches. On any given day I did at least 500-800 of these weighted crunches.
3. Do elevated-push-ups these will work both your chest and core at the same time. (This is no joke, the 1st time I did this was on a Friday and come Sunday morning it hurt to draw breath for singing.
4. If not under diet, you should look into some sort of green-tea pill that will help speed up your metabolism.
5. If you are not liberal in the amount of time you spend it will take longer. For me I spend at a bare-minimum of 3 hours of overall body-work/daily.

And to be brutally honest once again you are wrong that crunches can't trim body fat, I had not started my cardio workouts up until 1-week ago.

I have cut off up to 6-inches of gut from the abdomen and I started at 173.5 pounds and I am now sitting at 164.2 pounds. I do not understand how you can tell me that is not legit!
http://www.shapeupshop.com/articles/Core-Training/burn-abdominal-fat.html
there are a thousand sites that state the same thing. Crunches target muscles, not fat. Yes I'm sure you are a very experienced runner, yet from your previous posts you didn't even know what intervals were.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts