Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
The Mad Titan
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have(obviously)never been a fan of rashad but after tonight, i give credit and respect where it is due, he was the better man and it's as simple as that, he had a great gameplan and has gotten better in each performance, he is at the top of the div. and rightfully so. he is the real face of TUF, not forrest.

having said that i am still not a fan of playing with one's nipples.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
He was the better man but it was more about control than it was actually out doing Rampage in any sort of fight finishing way. No striking except one punch, no BJJ, barely any damage in the clinch. Just all control and no progression.

If he was able to actually do something against the cage or on the ground I'd give him more respect, but he's all about control and not atually progressing and winning convincingly. Rampage had more success in one flurry than Rashad did in the whole fight. I doubt Rampage had so much as a mark on him and he was never in danger of getting subbed.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
He was the better man but it was more about control than it was actually out doing Rampage in any sort of fight finishing way. No striking except one punch, no BJJ, barely any damage in the clinch. Just all control and no progression.

If he was able to actually do something against the cage or on the ground I'd give him more respect, but he's all about control and not atually progressing and winning convincingly. Rampage had more success in one flurry than Rashad did in the whole fight. I doubt Rampage had so much as a mark on him and he was never in danger of getting subbed.
:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
Glad your coming around Guy. I know this is a tough loss for some people to take, but there is no shame in losing to Rashad, especially after such a long layoff.

I loved how both of them got rocked, although Rashad was more rocked than Rampage :(

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
Glad your coming around Guy. I know this is a tough loss for some people to take, but there is no shame in losing to Rashad, especially after such a long layoff.

I loved how both of them got rocked, although Rashad was more rocked than Rampage :(
Rampage wasnt truly rocked, its more like it was a good punch that he didnt see, and it got him off balance. He stumbled and I dont think he really lost any composure. It was just a punch that caught him off guard and made him lose his balance.

·
It Lurks...
676 Posts
Yeah I really thought that was the end of the fight when Rashad got his bell rung. Rampage just whiffed every punch on the ground and blew his whole wad doing so.

Frankly, I lost respect for both of these guys. Neither one impressed me with the boring performance they put on last night. They both ran their mouths entirely too much and neither one backed it up whatsoever.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah I really thought that was the end of the fight when Rashad got his bell rung. Rampage just whiffed every punch on the ground and blew his whole wad doing so.

Frankly, I lost respect for both of these guys. Neither one impressed me with the boring performance they put on last night. They both ran their mouths entirely too much and neither one backed it up whatsoever.

Same here.. reminded me more like dancing with the stars than a MMA fight. Never saw so much dancing and hugging in my life.

Mre disappointed with Rampage than Rashad.. just don't like Rashads dance moves.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Rampage wasnt truly rocked, its more like it was a good punch that he didnt see, and it got him off balance. He stumbled and I dont think he really lost any composure. It was just a punch that caught him off guard and made him lose his balance.
He got staggered, which in itself surprised me because I've never seen him get moved like that by a single punch. Still, Rashad hits like a truck and the punch that KOd Chuck and floored Forrest only managed to throw Page off balance, despite landing clean on the jaw. He has a ridiculously good chin, that punch would probably have floored most guys.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts

I agree. This fight didn't have a winner. Rampage looked so promising before the fight but couldn't do anything against Rashad with GSP-syndrome. I admit that I'm not a big fan of either guy (heh... yeah I kinda wanted them both to lose although my pendulum swung in Rampages favor a bit) but I expected this... well... to be a fight. The third round wasn't bad, Rampage made Rashad go for something instead of just being content with holding Page down. It's a mystery to me how someone's gameplan for a fight can be to hold his opponent on the mat for 15 minutes.

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
He got staggered, which in itself surprised me because I've never seen him get moved like that by a single punch. Still, Rashad hits like a truck and the punch that KOd Chuck and floored Forrest only managed to throw Page off balance, despite landing clean on the jaw. He has a ridiculously good chin, that punch would probably have floored most guys.
Once I saw Rashad rock him I went berserk!! But after Rampage recovered I knew that he wasn't going to finish Rampage. That punch landed clean and probably would have dropped or KO'd a lot of other fighters, but Rampage was still standing after it. He has a monster chin!

·
Registered
356 Posts

I'm glad I was broke and couldn't buy this fight, with all the talk, I really thought the guys were going to come out and do a Griffin/Bonnar but it sounds like it was a fairly ordinary fight. It appears that they spent more energy talking shit then they did in the fight. How was the rest of the card? and was it better then the Abui Dahbi fights?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Well, there was the 2nd fight with Wandy just before Silva got the clinch and kneed him to death. Wandy slammed him with with a huge right hook and backed him into the ropes with a couple followup punches before locking in the clinch and dropping him face first through the ropes. I don't think you can KO Rampage with punches, you gotta knee and soccer kick the crap out of his head to put his lights out.

To me it seemed like both fighters had way too much fear or respect for the other's punching power, both of them were shy to commit to anything on the feet. Rampage proved he could take Rashad's best punch so he should've been more confident in closing the gap and turning things ugly to go for the KO and negate Rashad's speed and technical striking skills. Every time Rashad went to southpaw, Rampage should've gone in hard for the kill since Rashad can't throw his power right from that stance and all Rampage needs to do is put a right hook or straight down the middle. And with Rashad, since he could stagger Rampage a bit, he should be thinking "hey, let's see if I can do that again and hurt him some more so he thinks I'm going to stand, then get him with a TD and beat him up some more".

Disappointing fight from both guys. There was a lot that both could've done, but didn't.

·
The Mad Titan
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

yeah my brother who doesn't know anybody in MMA but rampage and brock, actually became a fan of rashad after the fight, he was going for rampage aswell as me but the first thing he said after the fight was over, was "whats that other guy's name he's pretty good and has mad takedowns"

to all the other people, that fight was great, the start was crazy, i nearly had a heart attack when rashad hit him, than when rampage cracked him, me and my brother stood up and where going absolutely nuts.

it was a great fight, probably the best PPV i have seen in a while since 113, 114 was better overall. but shogun getting the belt just wins it for me

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Well, there was the 2nd fight with Wandy just before Silva got the clinch and kneed him to death. Wandy slammed him with with a huge right hook and backed him into the ropes with a couple followup punches before locking in the clinch and dropping him face first through the ropes. I don't think you can KO Rampage with punches, you gotta knee and soccer kick the crap out of his head to put his lights out.
Oh yeah...

That punch made Page's head look like rubber. How that didn't KO him in the first place is beyond me.

To me it seemed like both fighters had way too much fear or respect for the other's punching power, both of them were shy to commit to anything on the feet. Rampage proved he could take Rashad's best punch so he should've been more confident in closing the gap and turning things ugly to go for the KO and negate Rashad's speed and technical striking skills. Every time Rashad went to southpaw, Rampage should've gone in hard for the kill since Rashad can't throw his power right from that stance and all Rampage needs to do is put a right hook or straight down the middle. And with Rashad, since he could stagger Rampage a bit, he should be thinking "hey, let's see if I can do that again and hurt him some more so he thinks I'm going to stand, then get him with a TD and beat him up some more".

Disappointing fight from both guys. There was a lot that both could've done, but didn't.
Well, I think Rampage was far more concerned about the TD. He took Rashad's power punch, and Rashad still knew he had to smother Rampage to avoid being KTFO.

Rashad is excellent at faking an exhcnage and changing levels for the shot. One time Rampage was still throwing punches when Rashad was already up under him. His takedowns are brilliant due to timing.

·
Registered
585 Posts
**** that,Rashad didn't beat Rampage. I don't give much a crap to wrestlers that are afraid to strike, and don't at all. He landed 1 punch that made Rampage slip that was all he did. Rashad didn't want to fight, he knew he'd get his ass kicked. Him and fighters a like are RUINING mma.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Very disappointing fight. Both fighters didn't really do anything the whole time. Rampage stuffed most of Rashad's takedowns like I thought but he also got taken down a couple times. He deserves credit of that. Although, he didn't really do anything significant when he was on top.

Rampage was getting pressed against the cage and didn't even try to get out of it. Then he just stood there when Rashad was still wobbly on the feet. It looked like he gassed. I didn't think ring rust would play a factor because he seemed so motivated and was training his ass off.

I like Rampage partly because he's funny but also because he is exciting to watch and I think Rashad's style is boring but BOTH fighters were boring last night. Neither fighter really took any risks. Personally I think the current rules are a joke but it's up to Rampage as a fighter to overcome them. Hopefully he takes the loss and comes back stronger.

·
Registered
129 Posts
i have(obviously)never been a fan of rashad but after tonight, i give credit and respect where it is due, he was the better man and it's as simple as that, he had a great gameplan and has gotten better in each performance, he is at the top of the div. and rightfully so. he is the real face of TUF, not forrest.

having said that i am still not a fan of playing with one's nipples.
Yep,
Didn't rate Evans much (thought he was lucky against Liddell, though don't get me wrong I'm a Chuck fan but Rashad won fair and square) and thought Rampage would bury him.However played the stratagy game well and deserved the win.However Shogun will KO him in round 2 without brakeing sweat..

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Everyone needs to learn that this is not ruining MMA. This is just something that people need to learn. A smaller opponent with not as good of a chin can still beat guys like Rampage. Rashad was entertaining as hell and in the party that I was at that was the fight of the night and that was the fight everyone was screaming during. I loved that fight and think that people need to respect wrestling. If you can completely nullify someones weapons then do it. Rashad was the better athelete and was faster and came out to win the fight. I love how Everyone is mad at Rashad and say he is ruining MMA when Anderson in his last fight completely made a disgrace of MMA, Rampage prefers to make movies and not be in shape for his fights, Brock lesnar can get the belt after losing in the first round to someone two fights ago, Fedor does not fight the champion of the orginization he is fighting for, and the next person to fight Anderson silva is someone who does not respect women, calls everyone bums, thinks BJJ guys are gay, and has been submitted by pretty much anyone.

Rashad is entertaing as hell and leaves it all out there. He stumbled someone with his first punch that took Shogun and wand like 30 strikes to do, He took down someone that not even Hendo could, and showed he was the superior fighter. Just because you do not like someone who is smart and does not brawl like a tard on crack does not mean he is not a fighter.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.