Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can see a fight between Hardy and Anthony Johnson coming. I think Johnson will beat Kos and I see Hardy getting beat by GSP. Hardy and Johnson would be a barn burner with Johnson coming out on top..IMO. I don't see Johnson beating GSP anytime soon though.

Mark

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
hypothetically i dont think if Hardy lost to GSP and Rumble beat Kos they would face eachother, they would put Rumble vs GSP or vs a guy coming off a win from the top 10 like Condit or Semtex because letting him fight Hardy would ruin his title chances if he lost and nobody would wnat to see a Hardy/GSP rematch so it wouldnt make sense.

·
Registered
436 Posts
As much as I'd like to see this fight, I only seing it being a possiblity if both were to lose their upcoming fights.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Johnson should make weight first. It cant be that a lhw is fighting at ww. I dont think that he would face hardy under those conditions.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hypothetically i dont think if Hardy lost to GSP and Rumble beat Kos they would face eachother, they would put Rumble vs GSP or vs a guy coming off a win from the top 10 like Condit or Semtex because letting him fight Hardy would ruin his title chances if he lost and nobody would wnat to see a Hardy/GSP rematch so it wouldnt make sense.
Yes, your probably right. I think they do a very good job lining up fights. It will be good no matter what. Its a good division with alot of talent. I know many will disagree with me but I would like to see Nick Diaz back in this group of fighters.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Anthony Johnson is a threat to he division but he's stil a way behind Hardy in the rankings imo and his struggle to make weight realy gets on my nerves. The guy is huge for middleweight never mind welter.

Think Hardy would school him to be honest, but give it a few more years and Johnson will be right up there in the top (if not on top) of that division.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Rumble would beat Hardy to the punch, I think it would be an early KO for Rumble.

I'd rather see Thiago Alves or Semtex fight Rumble, those would be sick matchups.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I see Anthony Johnson not making weight in his next fight against Koscheck and the UFC telling him he isnt a Welterweight.

Johnson last fight was a fight that shouldnt have happened and i hope that if he doesnt make weight this time then Koscheck should refuse to fight him.

Johnson would be fine in Middleweight and thats the weight he should be fighting at.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
He is going to make weight against Koscheck I guarantee it. He was making 170 before he had that knee injury and he just screwed up by letting himself get that heavy when he couldnt train. I know its just an excuse but its the truth the guy can make 170.

Either way I think Johnson would KO hardy. Hardy leaves himself open alot and Rumble has a lot more KO power than Swick does. Plus he has much better wrestling and is a lot stronger than Hardy. I think Rumble is a really bad matchup and I think Kos is a way harder fight for Johnson.

·
Registered
231 Posts
If Rumble can't make weight for Koscheck, Joe Silva should stop booking him in welterweight matchups. The guy should be fighting middleweight that are his size.

·
Registered
151 Posts
jeeze AJ doesn't make weight once and all of a sudden he should move up:confused02:
It wasn't because he didn't make weight, but that he missed it by so much. However, I think he will make weight for the Kos fight since he doesn't have that big a gap between fights and he knows he has to make it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
jeeze AJ doesn't make weight once and all of a sudden he should move up:confused02:
He missed weight by 7.5 pounds against Rich Clementi, so it's not once and not by a small margin.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
It wasn't because he didn't make weight, but that he missed it by so much. However, I think he will make weight for the Kos fight since he doesn't have that big a gap between fights and he knows he has to make it.
His knee was fucked dude
He missed weight by 7.5 pounds against Rich Clementi, so it's not once and not by a small margin.
Already corrected foo, gangsta gangsta shiet lol

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
:laugh: at all the ppl still seething at the teeth over him not making weight (just this one time)..Correct me if i'm wrong but wasnt he just coming off knee surgery? Was thiago silva dogged this much when he couldnt make weight for hughes? and all he had to beat was pariyan and kos to get a title shot after that? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
I could see a Hardy/Rumble fight happening pretty soon. I think Koschek is gonna put Rumble on his back for three rounds without a problem and ride out a UD. Kos has the best takedowns in the UFC behind GSP and Rumbles wrestling creds arent anywhere near Kos's (I dont remember really seeing Rumble use his wrestling or tdd in the UFC). I think GSP will finish Hardy in there fight, no explanation neccessary, im sure 98percent of the world will agree. I would like to see Hardy/Rumble matched up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts