Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
four words. JAMES LIGHTS OUT TONEY
Yeah that thought crossed my mind since Silva is so intent on striking...

Or maybe Rampage-Rashad, Jon Jones, Cro Cop, Kongo... (Although I think Silva could win these and would really like to see him get ktfo'd)

How about a K1 cross promotion match with Badr Hari? Yeah, I know, never happen. But I can dream can't I?

The thing is -- If Silva does move up to face some ginormous striker, he'll probably end up submitting them, not striking with them.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is for redemption in my eyes only. This is the only fight I can think of where I could possibly see myself pulling for Silva.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
He should fight Kimbo too because we need to have the greatest striker ever fighting old pieces of garbage instead of elite well rounded fighters.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He should fight Kimbo too because we need to have the greatest striker ever fighting old pieces of garbage instead of elite well rounded fighters.
I saw the greatest ass ever fighting tonight. I hope dana tells him if he ever wants to fight in the ufc again it will have to be Machida

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing Silva fight Toney but I don't know that it would end the way some of you think it would. I really think that Silva would outstrike him.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
I saw the greatest ass ever fighting tonight. I hope dana tells him if he ever wants to fight in the ufc again it will have to be Machida
That is not going to happen. Why would a guy who is clearly better than anyone striking risk everything by going to the ground game with someone a sh*t ton of people think is the greatest submission person in the UFC? Tell me the logic in that? And personally the only reason I would want to see a james toney fight is to see him get massacred for all the trash he talks to Anderson in a sport he has not proven himself in.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Toney isn't redemption at all. He needs to fight Vitor. Everyone is screaming Sonnen, but even Sonnen has admitted that he's not ready for that fight. And not just because of injuries. If he makes it past Vitor, I think that he should fight Thiago Silva and stay at 205 if he wins. Tonight was pathetic.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I see another path for redemption for Silva:

Keep toying with opponents who don't deserve to be in the ring with him.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That is not going to happen. Why would a guy who is clearly better than anyone striking risk everything by going to the ground game with someone a sh*t ton of people think is the greatest submission person in the UFC? Tell me the logic in that? And personally the only reason I would want to see a james toney fight is to see him get massacred for all the trash he talks to Anderson in a sport he has not proven himself in.
That's my point. if he does that to Toney I'll like him again.
as for tonight. That was a pure kickboxing match my friend, no grappling at all but your "clearly better than anyone striking" guy didn't do shit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts