Votes: 10 15.6%
  • OR JUST A SUCKY MATCHUP.

Votes: 7 10.9%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BONES JONES VS MATYUSHENKO. i see bones knocking the sheet out of him.

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
I see Jones obliterating him, same as most people. However, Vlad is no joke, his only recent loss is to Antonio Rogerio Nogueira. He has a wealth of experience and won't let Jones hype get to him. An upset isn't as unlikely as most people assume. I'm still betting big on Jones though.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Vlad is a good fighter and I do not think it is impossible for him to win... I just don't see it. Should be fun to see the cool things Bones is going to do in this fight though. That and it is nice that another Bones fight is free.

Though I just know this is the UFC venturing into Crack dealers mentality and get you addicted so that you have to watch the next one no matter what the cost.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think it's a good test for him, but not in the usual sense. It's more of a test of not taking your opponent lightly. When people begin to hype you up and you've been blasting through people, sometimes the hype gets to you. In all honesty I think maybe even a half assed Jones could take Vladdy, but unless you are 100% into the fight you have a pretty good chance of losing.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
It will either be a close fight or a complete destruction. If Bones can't overwhelm him early on Matyushenko's skills and experience will make it a long night for him.

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
If Jones struggles with Vlad it could be a lot like Lil Nog vs Brilz, where one bad showing derails your following.

Jones has to walk right through Vlad due to the hype, which is not a great situation to be in.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Is Vlad any stronger than Hammil in any aspect of the game at 39 y.o.? He's a solid last generation fighter with a little left in the tank.

Honestly I think Dana White throwing Bones a bone with Vlad.

1st rd TKO for Bones by GnP.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Jon Jones by Murder first round.

·
Banned
70 Posts
I'm not 100% sold on the Jon Jones hype. While I don't think that Vlad can beat him, I don't think Jones will dominate the bout. I see a 30-27, 29-28, and 29-28 for Jones. I see jones starting out good in the first round and then being either surprised a little bit by Vlad in the second or third. This is just my opinion, but I think Jones will be in for a rude awakening when he matches up with a mentally tough Jiu-Jitsu fighter. His arms and legs are very long, and to me it seems that it's a metter of getting a hold of them.

·
Cheeky freak of the week
1,646 Posts
Bones is a destroyer but Vlad has a solid skillset and is hard to finish. I see Jones taking the UD.

·
"I
6,923 Posts
If Jones struggles with Vlad it could be a lot like Lil Nog vs Brilz, where one bad showing derails your following.

Jones has to walk right through Vlad due to the hype, which is not a great situation to be in.
I don't think it's QUITE that intense. Brilz was thought to be a total can who stepped up on extremely late notice and, IMO, beat Nog. That wasn't a BAD showing, that was a TERRIBLE showing.

I was going to make another comment on Vlad/Jones, but then I realized I was confusing Vlad with Igor Vovchanchyn...rofl

·
Registered
155 Posts
But why Vlad when there is some much interesting fights to see Jones in? No disrespect to Vlad , but Jones diserved some top fighter in ufc LHW..

·
Banned
0 Posts
Bones....the kid is dynamic and I see him using his skill and athleticism to get the win...there will be way to many openings for Jon Jones...:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts

This,

This is a horrible fight for Jones because the Janitor is tough as hell and is heavily underrated. Jones has a very unique style that throws guys off and really adds a lot of added emphasis to his skills. Vlad is a veteran though and there will be little he hasn't seen before. Thing is this fight does nothing for Jones standing wise while like Khov pointed out all his hype can come crashing down hard and fast if he can't impressively beat down Vlad which is no easy task for any fighter.

Take away the hype and rightfully the skill sets match up well with Vlad having the better pure grappling of the two with Bones having the more effective striking. The only real advantage though Jones has is physically he is a younger, faster more explosive fighter.

Unlike most I think your foolish if you bet on Jones in this fight, the odds are gonna be way off base. I may put a small wager on Vlad if his odds are good enough because I feel he will be heavily undervalued. I see this being a tough fight for both guys that really doesn't do much from either. If Vlad wins they will say Jones was overrated and not give him any credit, if Bones win they will say he beat a bum.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Love ya but I'm goin Bones....I listened to you on Bryant.... *faceplant* ...although i will not be betting this event. I have chosen to sit out a couple events to get my bearings back........basically I have been shitting the bed....:(

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
Is Vlad any stronger than Hammil in any aspect of the game at 39 y.o.? He's a solid last generation fighter with a little left in the tank.

Honestly I think Dana White throwing Bones a bone with Vlad.

1st rd TKO for Bones by GnP.
Hammil was never anywhere near as good of a wrestler as vlad and isn't better as a striker.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Bones by TKO (punches) 2nd round. I dont see vlad offering much resistant to bone's takedowns

1 - 20 of 24 Posts