Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People are calling this a dominate performance, but Rashad Evans correctly pointed out that Shogun came back in the round to get the KO.

I really want to see Silver/Rua, also though. Maybe do that fight first, and give Machida the winner of Evans/Page, the winner of that to fight the winner of Silver/Rua.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Evans actually said that?

Shogun was winning that fight. The only thing Machida had going was the couple of takedowns but he did absolutely nothing with them so they counted for nothing.

Edit: And Shogun won the first fight... No need for another rematch.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Machida - Evans rematch though.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Evans vs Machida would be a good rematch IMO.....

Rashad came into the first fight with a gameplan that played right into Machida's strengths as a MMArtist.

Him and Greg Jackson wont make that mistake twice.

·
Banned
689 Posts
the machida error is over and shogun was winning up until the KO!!! not tko KO!!! say it again people KO!!!!, but seriously shogun was tagging him and getting straight back up from the TD's

·
Registered
207 Posts
Only way Machida would win that round is if it were the same blind judges that reffed the first match.

Just like the first fight Shogun was doing all the damage.
I didn't see any real damage from either. Shogun was getting off more, but 2 takedowns count for more than that, wether he did anything with them or not.

·
Registered
81 Posts
um were u guys all watching machida/shogun 1? there was no way in hell machida was winning the round, both his takedowns were in desperation after catching blows from shogun. if rashad actually said that i want rampage to knock his head off that much more.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Machdida was destroyed. He needs 2 wins to get another shot for the title. He didn't flat out win the first fight, was destroyed in the 2nd, and walked out limping and holding his golf ball eye in shame. Machida was exposed by Shogun, and needs to work his way back up. Give him Lil Nog after he beats Forrest's replacement to shame.

·
Resident Drunk
3,716 Posts
Only way Machida would win that round is if it were the same blind judges that reffed the first match.

Just like the first fight Shogun was doing all the damage.

I actually think you're wrong. I thought Shogun won the first fight but during this first round Machida was in fact winning.

Shogun kicked him a few times but was taken down twice. Even if a fighter doesn't do much damage and get back to their feet, the take downs still count for a lot of points. Also before the KO, they both hit each other about the same amount of times so I really think Machida was up on the scorecards before getting flattened.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
I didn't see any real damage from either. Shogun was getting off more, but 2 takedowns count for more than that, wether he did anything with them or not.
yeah... go watch that fight over again. Shogun walked through Machida like Machida did to Evans. He absolutely dominated him and Shogun would have won the round easily even with the 2 takedowns, I am a huge Machida fan, but comments like this delve into the purely delusional. It's alright, it happens to everyone, but seriously, Machida got destroyed since the first second of the fight and got two easy takedowns because he was losing in the standup to a Mua Thai fighter who keeps his center of gravity higher than in a karate stance. It's just reality man, it's hard to understand because it's never happened before, but everyone I watched the fight with could tell Machida was in trouble since the first exchange when Shogun kicked him, dodged the counter and came charging with a combination (it was beautiful). The difference in this fight was that Shogun had a counter to Machida's counter and he executed it nearly perfectly, he pointed this out in the post-fight press conference that he noticed Machida kept his hands low while counterstriking, so instead of backing off when he threw a leg kick he would wait for the counter and then hit him with his hands. Machida got picked apart from the get go, Dana White knew it, Machida knew it, Shogun knew it and the large majority of UFC fans know it. Look closely when Shogun has him pressed against the cage in the first few minutes of the fight, you can see Machida's nose already bleeding, I'm no doctor but that indicates damage to any rational person.

·
Resident Drunk
3,716 Posts
yeah... go watch that fight over again. Shogun walked through Machida like Machida did to Evans. He absolutely dominated him and Shogun would have won the round easily even with the 2 takedowns, I am a huge Machida fan, but comments like this delve into the purely delusional. It's alright, it happens to everyone, but seriously, Machida got destroyed since the first second of the fight and got two easy takedowns because he was losing in the standup to a Mua Thai fighter who keeps his center of gravity higher than in a karate stance. It's just reality man, it's hard to understand because it's never happened before, but everyone I watched the fight with could tell Machida was in trouble since the first exchange when Shogun kicked him, dodged the counter and came charging with a combination (it was beautiful). The difference in this fight was that Shogun had a counter to Machida's counter and he executed it nearly perfectly, he pointed this out in the post-fight press conference that he noticed Machida kept his hands low while counterstriking.
I might have to rewatch the fight at this point.

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
Shogun/Rampage II please...or Shogun/Silva
We could end up seeing Shogun/Rampage II should Rampage make it past Rashad. I doubt Silva would fight Shogun for the title though because should he win it, it leaves Machida lost in the division since they refuse to fight. So you would have Silva with the belt, and then Machida messing up the rankings with every win he gets.

·
Registered
190 Posts
People are calling this a dominate performance, but Rashad Evans correctly pointed out that Shogun came back in the round to get the KO.
man i hate rashard his just jealous that shogun twice did what he couldn't beat Machida i hope rampage KO's that fool

WAR SHOGUN

1 - 20 of 22 Posts