Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the title says, I was actually very impressed with him. It may be due to the fact that the Gracie name has been nothing but disappointing as of late or that this wasn't the best Kevin Randleman we've ever seen, but I was still impressed by him. The commentator's comments about hearing from his camp (or whoever it was) that he trained 20% striking 80% grappling for this fight, I don't believe. I'm pretty sure they were just saying that because his hands were actually looking pretty good (for a Gracie anyway). Kevin having a significantly shorter reach helps as well, but the point still stands. Anyway, even if you weren't that impressed with him tonight, you've gotta admit he was a helluva lot better then Rolles Gracie. That guy has some work to do.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
I thought he was impressive. Used the jab brilliantly, and bar a few Randleman body shots generally controlled the stand-up. On the ground no-one in the HW division can hang with the guy, well, no-one in the world can hang with the guy, he's the greatest grappler in the world. Hopefully he'll stick with MMA, get some more wins under his belt for SF and potentially move into the UFC.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have been waiting for him to fight in Strikeforce for a long time. Seeing him put out Ron Waterman, and a small Yuki Kondo caught my eye. I guess he got married, had some injuries, and generally didn't want to compete mma. Hopefully hes decided to fight more often.

Dudes a beast on the ground, I wish they threw a fighter at him that would make it a competitive affair. Randleman has not looked good in years.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
I was impressed too. He looked good on his feet. For a Gracie he looked great on his feet. But to put things in perspective he was fighting a guy who even after all these years, still has only one tool in his box (takedowns) and he was obviously afraid to use that tool because of where it would put him (in guard).

I want to see roger against someone who can test him on the feet better and maybe make him need a take down.

But I'm not going to bet against him any more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.