Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
SikWithIt
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously this thread comes out every time before a Fedor fight,but the situation is different every time.
My guess would be an immediate rematch or he fights the loser of Rogers vs Overeem any thoughts?

·
Registered
769 Posts
I think that sounds about right. One thing I do know, if he loses to Werdum of all people, he should probably be considered no higher than 5 or 6 in HW division.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
strikeforce reverse sweeps m1 into the mount and starts asking for small "re-negoiations" themselves or they just sit him out for a long, long time.

that's what i would do.

Crush m1 like a cockroach.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Its going to be impossible for Fedor to lose not saying he's great but if it goes to decision if he supposed to lose he'd be given a win. They want to build him up too much

·
Big Dawg
911 Posts
Fedor is not going to lose to Werdum...
...just for humor's sake though I would have to agree with Alizio.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Depends how it happens, if Werdum wins it is gonna be a submission that is a given, if he does decent striking takes Fedor down passes the guard and subs him then Fedor's stock has to drop, more likely would be Fedor hurting Werdum and winding up in a very dangerous guard. If its a flash submission Fedor will maintain a high standing in the divsision.

·
Registered
399 Posts
If fedor loses i can see them giving him the winner of big foot silva and arlovski. I'm sure if arlovski wins hes gonna want a crack at fedor again.

·
Registered
742 Posts
If Fedor loses Strikeforce and M-1 will go into a fetal position and ball their eyes out, while the fans will say that Fedor is still without a doubt number 2 in the world it's just the Werdum will be heralded as the greatest fighter of all time and say that Werdum would walk through the UFC HW division easily.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
I dont think there will be an instant rematch because I think the winner of this fight will for definite take on the winner of the Overeem/Rogers match who ever comes out the winner in ether fight, reason I am so certain of this is because with the HW title been laid dormant for so long, and Rogers coming off a loss to Fedor, only if they turn this into a 4 way elimination tourney for the title will there HW belt have any purpose and respect, and on that day when the 2 winners meet there will be a worthy HW champ at Strikeforce no matter what the outcome.

As for what I think Fedor will do if he looses, I think he will goto Japan and fight a few more showcase match-ups before retiring in a couple more years.

·
Banned
820 Posts
If Fedor loses his stock deffinatly drops. He has to win out the rest of his MMA life to keep his top spot.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
If Fedor loses his stock deffinatly drops. He has to win out the rest of his MMA life to keep his top spot.
your wrong, Fedor would still be a true legend in the sport, many true MMA fans would still respect the years he spent at the top of the HW ladder and understand that ever fighters day will come.

I can see Fedor still selling out huge areas in Japan win or loose in America, just because people will want to see the legend fight.

When Wanderlei Silva was on a 5 losses in his last 6 fights loosing streak did his fans stop wanting to see him fight, nope they still wanted to see him because he is a legend, same will apply to Fedor.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Is it required that this thread pop up on every MMA forum every time Fedor fights?

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
I think that the winner of Fedor/Werdum should get the winner of Overeem/Rogers and then you have the losers fight different people so that it is less likely that one of the two top contenders would be put on a two fight losing streak.

·
On a Rampage
1,845 Posts
If Fedor loses, Gus Johnson's head will explode. Remember how crazy he went in Kimbo vs Petruzelli. Jerry Millen will deny that it happened, and continue to talk about Fedor's supremacy. All UFC fanboys (myself included) will rant about how we've been telling you for years how overrated Fedor is, and how he's been ducking top competition etc. Pride fanboys and fedor fanatics will claim that everybody loses and he's still the best. Then he will go back to Japan, never fight for Strikeforce again, and fight guys like Bob Sapp for the rest of his career.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Fedor doesn't lose. Lose does Fedor.

We know Fedor is getting old, each of his future fight will be harder for him. But see the statement above.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts