Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
I immediately said, ‘Yes, I'll do it. And right when I got off the phone I was like, ‘Oh man, what did I just do?' I had a Cro Cop poster on my wall growing up. He was my favorite MMA fighter. He's the reason the sport has evolved the way it has. The level of striking in this sport is the way it is right now because of him. He's the man. He's a living legend. People will be mentioning Cro Cop for the rest of fight history just like the way they mention Muhammad Ali. I think this is the same Cro Cop it has always been. He's the same dangerous monster he's always been. The only thing different is everybody else has gotten better. Anybody who thinks he's not the same guy that he used to be can take my place on June 12... I'll tell you my whole game plan right now. I'm gonna stay on my toes, and try to break his rhythm. He seems to just march forward at the same pace unless someone disrupts his rhythm. I'm gonna be coming in and out, in and out, and breaking his pattern. That's my game plan. And if he kicks me in the face, I'm gonna ask him to sign my eye.
Props: http://www.mmamania.com/2010/6/8/1507249/ufc-115s-pat-barry-cro-cop-is-a

Good read! Mad props to Barry, I like his attitude....and his Techno Viking impersonation:

·
M.I.A
2,550 Posts
This will be one of the few times cro cop is dominated with leg kicks (aside from Gonzagas one). Berry should take this, but i'm glad to see CroCop getting back in there, and i'll be pulling for him no matter.

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
See GSP/Hughes, Cote/Tito, not the first.
Certainly not the first fighter to fight their hero, but he's seemed the most fanatical of them all. Like a keyboard warrior fan, not just someone who admired & respected a preceding fighter. Maybe GSP had posters of Hughes. I don't see GSP as being quite that fanatical, but I could be wrong.

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
Man I think Pat Barry is slowly becoming my favourite fighter! Love his attitude, and fcking love techno viking! Plus for someone who 'eats what he likes' he's in fantastic shape...

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
He's also a top hurler apparently;

Pat Barry is a former Irish sportsman. He played hurling with his local club Glen Rovers and with the Cork senior inter-county team in the mid-1970s. He won both Munster and All-Ireland honours in 1976. Barry also served as a Roman Catholic priest.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
It's really hard to not like Pat Barry, it's immediately apparent how much he loves the sport and how grateful he is for this opportunity.

I don't think anyone in the HW division can stand with him, JDS maybe, though I still think Barry would get the better of him. If he can improve his grappling and TDD, he'll be the next Cro Cop.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.