Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should he hop right in with Anderson or should he have a tune-up ala Oscar de la Hoya before Hopkins?

btw, the buzzing fly and the camera ads are annoying.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I think he works so hard to cut weight now that he would be just fine, but a prelim in the new weight class is in order before he gets a title shot, get to get his ring rust out

·
Registered
669 Posts
Matt Hughes and ring rust should never be used in the same sentence lol

I think he'd do pretty good, what i think he'd have problem with is alot of the fighters are taller so his stand up would be completely taken away.

I'd like to see Hughes fight Chris Leben, i think thatd be a funny fight with Lebens wild but strong hands and hughe's great wrestling.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Tap-outNow said:
Should he hop right in with Anderson or should he have a tune-up ala Oscar de la Hoya before Hopkins?

btw, the buzzing fly and the camera ads are annoying.
NO! my reasoning? just NO

·
Registered
224 Posts
Spit206Fire said:
Matt Hughes and ring rust should never be used in the same sentence lol

I think he'd do pretty good, what i think he'd have problem with is alot of the fighters are taller so his stand up would be completely taken away.

I'd like to see Hughes fight Chris Leben, i think thatd be a funny fight with Lebens wild but strong hands and hughe's great wrestling.
leben vs hughes would be fun to watch

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
the middleweight division is weak , so hughes would do well, he has the style to beat silva, but silva is a better fighter than pele and pele beat hughes so I dunno..but i feel a wrestler has the best shot at silva

·
Registered
224 Posts
jdun11 said:
the middleweight division is weak , so hughes would do well, he has the style to beat silva, but silva is a better fighter than pele and pele beat hughes so I dunno..but i feel a wrestler has the best shot at silva
Dude, hughes vs pele was in 2001. if they had a kid together it would be in kindergarden by now.
come on Mod

·
Registered
253 Posts
mrbalkie said:
Dude, hughes vs pele was in 2001. if they had a kid together it would be in kindergarden by now.
come on Mod
I am completely with you. It's like saying Tito would beat Wanderlei Silva now. Its simply to hard to reference anything from so far in the past.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts