Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seems to be quite a few on this forum that doesn't like the fact that Fedor will be fighting Werdum. Some are even suggesting that this is another case of "Fedor padding his record with another good fighter (whatever the hell thats suppose to mean)." They believe Fedor is not proving he is the best by doing this. Personally, I have no problem with Fedor fighting Werdum but thats just me. In your opinion, who does Fedor have to fight to prove he is still the best?

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
I believe Fedor is the best Heavyweight but there is still a lot of good fighters for him to fight.

Overeem, Barnett, Lesnar, Dos Santos, Velasquez and Carwin are the biggest threats out there. Werdum is a good fighter but Fedor is a huge favourite and will knock him out in my opinion.

Other P4P superstars like GSP, Aldo and Silva have a lot less to prve in their respective weight divisions. GSP has only really to fight Shields, Silva has fights against Sonnen and Belfort that could happen but if he moved up in weight, I don't think there would to many complaints from fans saying he didn't fight the best at 185. Aldo has only got Gamburyan as a threat and maybe Fernandes in Dream. They have less threats in their weight divisions than Fedor so if he wants to prove he is the best P4P, he needs to fight the best.

·
ASS MAN
6,063 Posts
I actually don't mind seeing the Fedor-Werdum match-up because it's one I've wanted to see for awhile. Werdum gets dumped on but he is a complete ace on the ground and his stand-up has improved and is a top HW. Will he beat Fedor? Probably not- but I'd just like to see him survive the fight in the stand-up and get it to the ground to see them go at it there- that would be creamy-goodness.

I think this match-up is kinda screwy ATM because Overeem who is supposed to be the Strikeforce title holder is now fighting a dude Fedor just beat and in all honesty it just doesn't make sense to have Alistair finally defend his title against a guy who just lost his last fight and the guy who beat him fight another guy. I ain't good at math but that doesn't add up. Maybe it's just to prolong the Overeem-Fedor fight but if something wacky happens and one of them loses you have either Rogers-Fedor 2 rematch for the title or Overeem-Werdum or worlds collide and Rogers-Werdum. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless the Overeem-Fedor match-up happens after these 2 fights.

·
ASS MAN
6,063 Posts
I actually don't mind seeing the Fedor-Werdum match-up because it's one I've wanted to see for awhile. Werdum gets dumped on but he is a complete ace on the ground and his stand-up has improved and is a top HW. Will he beat Fedor? Probably not- but I'd just like to see him survive the fight in the stand-up and get it to the ground to see them go at it there- that would be creamy-goodness.
BUMP- didn't see the creamy-goodness being a tap out by Fedor that quickly.

·
Call Me King
419 Posts
A real and undisputed loss! There is no UNDEFEATED Fedor now! Haha, finally!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts