Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shogun showed true class and respect for his opponent. He could have easily thrown another 2-4 solid punches to a already out Machida, but decided to pull off before the ref decided to do anything.

Now of course this doesnt apply to all fighters but a large majority should take example. This is what needed to happen after that bad move by Daley.

...HAD TO ADD THIS.. Joe just said that Daley should be arrested because that is assault, and it is illegal :sarcastic12:

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
Absolutely. He didn't even wait for the ref to stop it, he stopped beforehand. Shogun's a true stand up guy. I kinda felt bad for Machida though. As much as I've been vocal about his lack of grace the first time around, I don't think he deserved to be booed. You can tell that affected him. Machida's still a great fighter, and to be honest I had him winning the first round up until that last exchange. I hope he comes back strong as ever and wish him the best. I just got a major hard on thinking about Anderson Silva vs Shogun right now. Where Khov at?

Reactions: khoveraki

·
Registered
937 Posts
Agree completely, Shogun clearly stops before the ref steps in, he knows Machida is done. Just goes to show all that 'heat of the moment' stuff you always hear from fighters who land extra shots is mostly bullshit. Sometimes it is possible to get caught up, but the majority of the time I think fighters know damn well when a guy is done.

Props Shogun for sure.

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
Absolutely. He didn't even wait for the ref to stop it, he stopped beforehand. Shogun's a true stand up guy. I kinda felt bad for Machida though. As much as I've been vocal about his lack of grace the first time around, I don't think he deserved to be booed. You can tell that affected him. Machida's still a great fighter, and to be honest I had him winning the first round up until that last exchange. I hope he comes back strong as ever and wish him the best. I just got a major hard on thinking about Anderson Silva vs Shogun right now. Where Khov at?

War Shogun buddy. :thumbsup:

I hope someone keeps CC from killing himself tonight jeesh!

Shogun vs Machida II, Shogun vs Liddel, Shogun vs Rampage are officially the three best finishes/fights of all time. Nobody can touch Shogun now, just like in Pride. Maybe if he fights Lesnar, Lesnar can make him accidentally pop out his elbow in a grand prix of some kind but besides that he's back to being unstoppable.

Silva won't be able to handle anything Rua has. And to everyone saying Silva is too old now... back in Pride Silva was losing to WWs while Shogun was walking through guys like Rampage and Arona. :thumb02:

edit: Shogun is easily the best striker in MMA now, bar none, period, no argument. He's outstrike Lil Nog, Machida 2x, Rampage, Liddel, Overeem 2x... Silva has never faced a striker of any of their levels.

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
Yeah that's one thing I said right after the fight, Shogun has the killer instinct man. The Chute Box guys are the wrong guys to get dazed against lol. If you're dazed against Shogun, time to say good night cause he's not allowing you to recover :thumbsup:

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
Yeah that's one thing I said right after the fight, Shogun has the killer instinct man. The Chute Box guys are the wrong guys to get dazed against lol. If you're dazed against Shogun, time to say good night cause he's not allowing you to recover :thumbsup:
Killer instinct! Hell yeah!
I like what you're saying.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yea man, me too. Although I was completely with Shogun I felt bad for Machida with the crowd reaction. I think his attitude in the promos may have rubbed people the wrong way. But in the end, yes, it wasnt his fault the judges chose him. I still think hes a good guy, I wonder how he will bounce back, that was just brutal.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I agree about the class Shogun displayed there.

But I also think it shows his clarity of thought, even in the heat of the battle. Kinda scary, if you think about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
+1 for Shogun for sportsmanship... The judge needs to re-check his reflexes if it was some other aggressive fighter it would have looked a lot worse due to judges fault.

·
Registered
62 Posts
What did Koscheck said at the end with Rogan¿¿??

Thanks
kos said the penguins are going to kill the habs

if you aren't familiar with their culture; they love their habs more than any american team does their home team, by far. then he said he would crush GSP; giving them 0 for 2.

he's a cocky bastard, and i love him for it. hope he can bring it to GSP

·
Registered
120 Posts
I agree about the class Shogun displayed there.

But I also think it shows his clarity of thought, even in the heat of the battle. Kinda scary, if you think about it.
I agree. Even more so when you think about how pissed he must have been after the first decision. But heck, i'm just over the moon Shogun won :thumb02: I think i have a man crush. Like officialy.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
He was just in a calm enough state and a proper position to see and feel that he was completely out. It isn't like most of the extra blows people get hit with when out are because the person hitting them is a bad guy. He could look directly into his eyes and feel his body go limp around him that circumstance doesn't happen with most knockouts.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
edit: Shogun is easily the best striker in MMA now, bar none, period, no argument. He's outstrike Lil Nog, Machida 2x, Rampage, Liddel, Overeem 2x... Silva has never faced a striker of any of their levels.
Shogun is definately one of the best strikers in MMA, but until he faces Anderson we can't really declare the true best.

as for the wins you pointed out, Rampage's boxing has come leaps and bounds since 2005, it was only in 2007 when he won the title that everyone was in awe of page's striking.

lil Nog was outstrking shogun for the majority of their fight. in fact shogun was getting overwhelmed in the strking and had to take it to the ground to pick up the victory. in both overeem fights overeem started both fights winning in the striking, and started to lose as his gas tank ran empty.

i don't want to take credit from shoguns wins, as he's truely the best lhw right now, he's much better now that he's pacing himself and not just trying to rush everyone.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Still in awe. I called a TKO in the 2nd thinking I was being overzealous, but that was just spectacular. At firsat I wasn't sure why he was stopping, but after a couple of replays you could see that he stops right after he lands the KO shot.

Total class act. After he won the first fight and had the judges screw him, and now even more. I'm getting on this bandwagon!

·
Registered
615 Posts
As much as I would love to see silvs vs. shogun I would also like to see Rampage vs shogun II

1 - 20 of 21 Posts