Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So he's basically slated to face Antonio Silva next month.

Silva is world ranked top ten. If Sergi wins where would you rank him?

Keep in mind he's avenged his loss by defeating Overeem already.
And he holds a victory over Fabricio Werdum.

A vicory would make him 4-1 out of his last five and give him 3 victories over top ten fighters.

He's coming off a layoff though. Thoughts...

·
Registered
769 Posts
It would surely move A. Silva (the other one ;) ) out of the top ten, but I don't think it would move Sergei in.

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
I think a win for Sergei would put him at least extremely close to it. I think he'd need another win over a top 10 to really move into it however. He's coming off a long lay off, and a loss to Monson who isn't close to top 10 these days.

·
On a Rampage
1,845 Posts
I don't think he is in the top 10 then. Maybe Nelson takes Bigfoot's spot. The problem is Sergi is only fighting in mma once a year. In his last 5 he is 3-2. I do think if he fights again this year and beats someone else he might be in, maybe rogers. It is also a possiblity that if Fedor vs Werdum II is happening that he could fight Overeem. He is the last man to beat him.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
its real hard to judge, dont know much about the guy, dont know if maybe injuries have kept him from fighting regularly over the last 3 years, having not seen his last fight its really hard to say what happened, was he outclassed by Monson who submitted him or was it a case of just been unlucky, was ring rush part of the problem, did he look out of shape, bad cardio, just too many unanswered questions about whats happened in the last 3 years.

Plus points are his age 29 is prime for a fighter to come into his top potential.

I think its impossible to say until we see not just the result but how he does against Silva and the condition he is in, but I have no doubt that the winner of the Silva/Sergi fight will be looking at a title shot.

·
The Title Guy
18,062 Posts
I definately agree with you there, cause Brock has faced Shane and Mir; Werdum has face Fedor, JDS, and Overeem; Fedor has faced Werdum and Big Nog; Fedor has faced Big Nog and Rogers; Cain has faced Big Nog; JDS has faced Werdum; Shane has faced Brock and Mir; Overeem has faced Werdum and Rogers; Mir has faced Brock, Shane and Big Nog; Big Nog has faced Fedor, Cain and Mir; and Brett Rogers has faced Fedor and Overeem. So here are a bunch of guys who haven't faced each other that are ranked, yeah that would be a hard division to rank!

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
Bigfoot isn't in the TOP 10 annyways imo.
That's Cro Cop, Nelson or Barnett.
The other 9 are well known. :)
And i'd be shocked if Sergey takes this.

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts

·
WIDE OPEN
3,973 Posts
Call me oblivious, but I had no idea he was so young. That is insane, I hope he's training hard. I'll be pulling for him, but there is no easy or pretty way to beat Bigfoot.

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
in my book hes underrated as hell, and i see him as having a good chance at beating big foot.

I think he could be on the brink of top 10 status, granted another win after big foot and He'd prob be in the top 10.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.