Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

If u could fight for 1 Organization who would u pick?

• Pride Fc

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Ufc

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • K1 boxing

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
down4thecount said:
K-1

I have 11 years of Muay Thai and 8 years of Western Boxing.
I have VERY heavy hands and knees.
My standup game is top notch.

My ground game however is non existant!!!

The only weapon that I have on the ground is my ability to tap the mat!!!!!

Therefore....K1 for me.
ROFL!!!!
I'd pick Pride so that I could be in the ring with the best fighters.

·
Registered
20 Posts
How many organizations are to many.

With so many organizations around Pride, UFC, WFA, KOC, K-1, and I know that I am leaving some out. Do you think it takes away from the quality of MMA bouts? Or do you think it gives more fighters a chance to showcase their skills? How many do you think is to many?Give me some opinions.

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
i'd pick ufc because it's the most matched in america. High level of competition and shiny belts.....And I could be some kids role model

·
Registered
302 Posts
Unless you're a really good fighter, you're better off working at McDonalds than you are in the UFC. For that reason I'll go with Pride.

·
Banned
495 Posts
WFA is mainly a bunch of scrubs.Rampage is the best guy.Id probably choose UFC because i probably wouldn't have to go half way around the world to fight.

·
Banned
55 Posts
UFC because I could probably beat some of those crappy ultimate fighters like Danny Abaddi and earn some respect. PRIDE would be too hard for me since the fighters there are the best in the world and they would murder me.

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
I'd pick WFA then i could move up to UFC then Pride and i could be the first guy to hold a title in every major mma group. Then i'd come to TKO cause i'm canadina where i would fight out the rest of my career till i retire.

·
Registered
379 Posts
ufc :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
It depends what weight you are. People saying "I'd pick Pride 'cause they've got better fighters" or "Unless you're a really good fighter, you're better off working at McDonalds than you are in the UFC. For that reason I'll go with Pride."........ pointless.
If you're a heavyweight and want better opposition go to Pride. Welterweight? Go to UFC. etc, etc...

·
Registered
302 Posts
smash said:
It depends what weight you are. People saying "I'd pick Pride 'cause they've got better fighters" or "Unless you're a really good fighter, you're better off working at McDonalds than you are in the UFC. For that reason I'll go with Pride."........ pointless.
If you're a heavyweight and want better opposition go to Pride. Welterweight? Go to UFC. etc, etc...
Oh yes, I forgot, we'd ALL be going into the fight business for the same reasons... Everyone is a standup guy who fights for the competition rather than the money... right.

·
Registered
44 Posts
samurice said:
Oh yes, I forgot, we'd ALL be going into the fight business for the same reasons... Everyone is a standup guy who fights for the competition rather than the money... right.
What? That wasn't what I said, or implied, at all.

I said people picking UFC or Pride and saying "because they've got better fighters" is pointless, because it depends what weight division you're in.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Shodaddy said:
UFC - i wouldnt feel obligated to learn japanese
thats part of the reason I picked pride.. I been trying to learn japanese for years and failing miserably.. so I figured being there might help.. plus I have always wnated to go to Japan.. so I could kill two birds with one stone..

·
Outta My Head
1,220 Posts
Personally, I'd pick Pride FC. Why? The fans. The fans are knowledgeable and respectful. They don't boo if you're not a native, they don't start chanting "boring" when it hits the mat, and even if you lose they'll respect your effort.

It's either that or getting jeered at by some drunk f**k and being labeled a "can" or "loser" by someone without the balls or skills to do it.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
I pick UFC so I don't have to fly and learn Japanese. Plus the PRIDE fighters are the ebst in the world so I would never make it there. If I did I would be massacred like Sonny from the Godfather. If I went to UFC I would have a chance at beating all those washed up idiots on the ultimate fighter 4.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Since i have a solid wrestling background , i would definately rather compete in the UFC ...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts